Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giggles1_gw

HELP to build giant lizard

giggles1
12 years ago

We just purchased a couple homes in Cape Coral. The house I'll be in has a huge mulched garden area under a couple palms in the front yard. This area is kidney shaped, the palms are only on one side. Probably had something else in there that died. :(

The palms are mature, so I can't see planting anything else & decided I wanted to build a 5ft or so lizard. (Yea, I'm wacky!) I've been saving beads, buttons, mirrors, etc to do a mosaic, shiny design on him. Conversation: "which house is yours?" "You'll see the giant lizard in the yard" "Oh, THAT house!"

HELP... what's the best thing to use as my "base"? If I start with a chicken wire shape, then what?

What will hold up to the weather? What will be heavy enough to not get blown away or, get stolen?

I thought about hypertufa, but will I have time to decorate it and get everything adhered? Do I glue the stuff on later? Will stuff STAY on?

What goes under mosaic art pieces?

Suggestions, PLEASE! I told my hubby I would make the FRONT yard "presentable"... I'm only doing the lizard, the rest will be plants & hardscape... little does he know what I plan on doing from the lanai to the canal!!!! LOL... SHhhh

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting