Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suebeee_gw

Totems

suebeee
11 years ago

Does anyone have a good way to transport totems?
Thanks, Sue

Comments (13)

• flowers12
    11 years ago

Totems are a pain to transport. I've been using tall tubs and putting a big soft blanket on the bottom and standing the totems up in it and wrapping each one with a towel or big bubble wrap. I can fit about 5 in. I always hope I sell them all so I don't have to take them back home again. People seem to love the totems more than the plate flowers though so I usually sell most of them. I also have a long tub with a lid that I can usually fit 3 skinny totems in and also wrap them up good so they don't hit on each other. I would love to find a better way too.

• marquest
    11 years ago

People seem to love the totems more than the plate flowers though so I usually sell most of them

Yes the totems are the best sellers. The only glass flowers that seem to be preferred is the ones someone post awhile back. These do not look like someone just glued some plates together but real flowers only they are glass.

• marquest
    11 years ago

Susie I forgot to answer your question. The best shipping is you need lots of cushion.

Wrap with foam and pack tight around with styrofoam. Tape the styrofoam around your piece after you wrap with foam and place in a tight box so the piece cannot move and cushion so there is no breakage.

• mjowest
    11 years ago

lots and lots of blankets. IF you attached them well enough, they can be laid on their sides. You find out quickly which ones don't have enough silicone!

• Corkelcol
    10 years ago

What did you use in the center for the stamen? And, what did you use for the glue? I went to the Goodwill and found a bunch of cute colorful candle votives and desert cups...I'll be making some for my garden and any advice is welcomed. I even found an old-time ice cream parfait glass. I'm excited to get started.

• a.girl.named.max
    10 years ago

I love the flowers! Marquest, did you say you made the flowers or are they a post from the past?

• a.girl.named.max
    10 years ago

Hi again, I found the glass flower artist's website so I think I will call him directly.

• amigirl
    10 years ago

Great. Let us know. We would all like to know what the stamens are.

Sue

• a.girl.named.max
    10 years ago

The stamens in the artist's glass flowers are molten glass shaped onto stainless steel bars.

Hopefully this will motivate/inspire me to get back into my garden junk art.

• mjowest
    10 years ago

hey Max- good to see you here again-
    weren't you going crazy with school or something? :)

• a.girl.named.max
    10 years ago

Yep life has been crazy for this 62 year old woman with 7 grandkids. I got remarried last September, we're totally remodeling a large abandoned house inside and out, I'm going to school 3/4 time, and working 1/2 time. We went camping in SW Minnesota last month and are hoping to go sea kayaking at the Apostle Islands in August. We're very broke but happy. HOWEVER, our 2 1/2 car garage is still full of junk for garden projects to do in our spare time???? I've been absent from this site for a long time so it's very nice someone remembered me!

• mjowest
    10 years ago

You got the 'box' - I can't remember the little stuffed animal's name! after I sent it! I think you have some of my irises!
    and your unique name helps, too!

• a.girl.named.max
    10 years ago

Wow! Is that your Iris I am admiring in my garden... a beautiful purple/lavendar. I will have to search for the critter's name.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery