Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Totems

Posted by suebeee none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 7:18

Does anyone have a good way to transport totems?
Thanks, Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Totems

Totems are a pain to transport. I've been using tall tubs and putting a big soft blanket on the bottom and standing the totems up in it and wrapping each one with a towel or big bubble wrap. I can fit about 5 in. I always hope I sell them all so I don't have to take them back home again. People seem to love the totems more than the plate flowers though so I usually sell most of them. I also have a long tub with a lid that I can usually fit 3 skinny totems in and also wrap them up good so they don't hit on each other. I would love to find a better way too.

o

People seem to love the totems more than the plate flowers though so I usually sell most of them

Yes the totems are the best sellers. The only glass flowers that seem to be preferred is the ones someone post awhile back. These do not look like someone just glued some plates together but real flowers only they are glass.

o

Susie I forgot to answer your question. The best shipping is you need lots of cushion.

Wrap with foam and pack tight around with styrofoam. Tape the styrofoam around your piece after you wrap with foam and place in a tight box so the piece cannot move and cushion so there is no breakage.

o

lots and lots of blankets. IF you attached them well enough, they can be laid on their sides. You find out quickly which ones don't have enough silicone!

o

What did you use in the center for the stamen? And, what did you use for the glue? I went to the Goodwill and found a bunch of cute colorful candle votives and desert cups...I'll be making some for my garden and any advice is welcomed. I even found an old-time ice cream parfait glass. I'm excited to get started.

o

I love the flowers! Marquest, did you say you made the flowers or are they a post from the past?

o

Hi again, I found the glass flower artist's website so I think I will call him directly.

o

Great. Let us know. We would all like to know what the stamens are.

Sue

o

The stamens in the artist's glass flowers are molten glass shaped onto stainless steel bars.

Hopefully this will motivate/inspire me to get back into my garden junk art.

o

hey Max- good to see you here again-
weren't you going crazy with school or something? :)

o

Yep life has been crazy for this 62 year old woman with 7 grandkids. I got remarried last September, we're totally remodeling a large abandoned house inside and out, I'm going to school 3/4 time, and working 1/2 time. We went camping in SW Minnesota last month and are hoping to go sea kayaking at the Apostle Islands in August. We're very broke but happy. HOWEVER, our 2 1/2 car garage is still full of junk for garden projects to do in our spare time???? I've been absent from this site for a long time so it's very nice someone remembered me!

o

You got the 'box' - I can't remember the little stuffed animal's name! after I sent it! I think you have some of my irises!
and your unique name helps, too!

o

Wow! Is that your Iris I am admiring in my garden... a beautiful purple/lavendar. I will have to search for the critter's name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here