Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prisms

Posted by angiein (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 8:44

I have about 30-40 prisms that are 14" long. Any ideas what I can do with them, preferably something for the garden. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prisms

I don't think I have seen prisms that long before.
I think a pretty top, with strings of beads and
and prisms at the bottom, would look great.

o

I would hang them from your porch, or trees. Use them in a wire-art creation. They would be beautiful any way you use them. I am green with envy. Please show us what you decide to do. Jlily

o

OMGoodness....you could send them to me!! Just kidding...I've never seen prisms that long. I think I would go crazy making suncatchers for the yard!

o

Cool ideas----thanks. We're remodeling and this was a chandelier that was hanging over the tub. I removed the prisms before it went in the dumpster and I'm so glad I did. I was also thinking, I have a bottle tree and I'm going to try hanging them from the branches and see how that looks. A lot of possibilities here, all I needed was a start. When I decide exactly what to do, I'll try and post a picture (I've never done that before).

o

I bet the prisms would add eye-catching sparkle to your bottle tree!

I have a small flowering crabapple tree that I adorned with chandelier crystals. They disappear from sight in the summer when the tree leafs out, but they look pretty in the winter and spring when the light catches them.

o

Suncatchers! Would make awesome suncatchers! In trees, in flowerbeds, potted flowers...deck railing, anything where the sun can catch it! Jeanne S.

o

oh you are so lucky everyone has already told you what I would do with them please if you can post some pics of them when you are done

o

I think they'd be useful to keep deer out of the garden, and possibly rabbits/woodchucks/etc, depending on where they hang!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here