Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh the wind!

Posted by mjowest 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 8:49

We live in the boonies, and until the farmer next door plants his corn, there is nothing to stop the wind!

This year, it's been a WINDY, blustery Pooh kind of weather, and it seems NOTHING that isn't tied or wired down stays upright!

Only one fatality so far, but even the front porch isn't immune from this wind!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh the wind!

We seem to be windy here in KY, too. It makes you better at tying things down. LOL JLily

o

mjowest, sounds like Kansas. I was only there once, but I will never forget the wind.

Marylee

o

Hanging pots don't fare too well at our place either ...but we've got alot of trees ...so that helps! You probably don't hang out a lot of windchimes then, uh! I have 1 large one in a more protected area ...at my door garden bench. Jeanne S.

o

When I was living up north my house sat on a hill and the wind was wicked. Now in the south the house sits just below a hill....lol I have a ton of windchimes hanging on the porch and when they start ringing I know to watch out for the weather. Sounds beautiful though!!

o

I have a 6 lane highway in front of my garden, and the wind is always bad, because it is so open. My climbing rose bush is thriving, but the buds dry up before opening. I took the frame off a standing fan, painted the blades 3 different colors, and the wind had been blowing it over until I put a rock on the base. Now the blades are really turning!

o

I totally sympathize! I've had 2 fairly large potted plants blown off my porch already this year. Seriously considering tying them to the deck boards with fishing line but I move them around so often. 3 feet up is good for sitting, but not so great when plants fall!

o

Let's share some pics .... this is Kirk W's blue bottle windchime that he & Carol shared some time ago on GJ...I've saved it in my 'future files' ....wouldn't want this in the wind lately! ;-) Jeanne S.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here