Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorating a Chain Link Fence

Posted by Arabella1212 none (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 22, 11 at 9:26

I have a fairly large backyard that is enclosed with a chain link fence. Does anyone have any pictures of how they have decorated their chain link fence with GJ? Mine is soooo ugly and boring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorating a Chain Link Fence

Hi Arabella! Welcome! If you go to the search bar at the bottom of the page and type in fence, you should get a lot of posts regarding decorating fences...our junkers have all kinds of fences, so any of the ideas can be used on chain link fences as well. If you want to give yourself a more "solid" backdrop to work with you could get some of those strips that you weave between the links in the fence and go from there. I'm sure some of our other folks will have some ideas as well!

o

A friend on the Texas forum posted there about using plastic lattice panels on her fence. I really like it and have linked it here for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roselee's fence

o

Dog gone it! I am trying to find which magazine I have where I saw that someone took fabric and wove it into their chain link fence to create giant dragonflies. It was gorgeous! I'm thinking it was a Birds and Blooms magazine but not sure. If I find it, I'll be sure to post the information. They didn't explain how to do it though. It was a contest for the most creative garden decoration.

Thanks for sharing Roselee's fence, rock_oak_deer! Chain link is a very hardy fence but not very attractive. I like Roselee's way of prettying it up too.

o

I hope you find it Luna, it sounds fantastic.
Now that we have a little dog, I'm thinking of how to contain him in the back yard, and a low fence on part of the property may be the answer, so I'm going to search here for fence also!

Arabella, i'm assuming you looked at Linda Sew and sews fence posted just recently. She scavanged wood and covered her chain link fence.

Kathy

o

It was in the February-March 2011 edition of Birds and Blooms. Below is a link to their web site with the winners of the For Less Budget contest. I know everyone here will appreciate the other winners too. The woman who did the dragonflies used plastic tablecloths. It really does look neat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dragonflies on Chain Link Fence

o

I found this site--it may have been on here before.

http://www.demakersvan.com

There are pictures of 'lace fence'. I think it could be painted with a large stencil---or freehanded with white or colored paint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here