Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Garden Tour Gazing Ball

Calamity_J
13 years ago

The gazing balls posted here, inspired me to get going on one I want to use as a Grand prize for what I'm gonna call, the "Help Jane's Yard Contest"(best suggestions). I was all full of Spring Fever last month, and this month I'm just full of fever! (Very sick and can't go outside)But I had attended the Horticulture Society mtg,last month and signed up for a Open Garden Tour, sheesh! What was I thinking!!! These are MASTER gardeners! Oh well, if nothing else they will appreciate their own yard more!ha! Cuz ya see, I'm only a gardener...to show off my Garden Junk!!!!heh heh! Anyhoo, I have this cement sphere and liked what jlily and azcactusflower have been doing, so I made my own combo of their inspirational pcs. Gotta finish the bottom(flip er over)and then grout. it has irridescent glass on it so will take a better pic later...

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:136908}}

Comments (24)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Great colors Jane! I'm sure your gardens will be a hit with the MG too....they're still gardeners after all. Hope you'll be feeling much better very soon!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

It's very pretty, they'll love it. I've seen those curvy glass pieces at the dollar store and now I know what to do with them too.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

It's the fever talking, jane! You'll do great!
    (altho I can empathize w/you...6 wks of yuck, here!...but headed in right dir now!) We'll both be outdoors before ya know it!

A great grand prize...but you're the real winner! Have fun! Jeanne S.

• jlily
    13 years ago

What a beautiful ball!! I'm sure they will all love it. Seems like winter is here again today. I was sure enjoying the spring. Thanks for sharing your "master-piece"!!
    Jlily

• quidam2
    13 years ago

Very beautiful. I love the colors!! I would be thrilled to win that as a prize!

Sheri

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the color combo and like rock oak deer, I too have seen the curvy pieces and now I can see how creatively you used them. Whoever wins it will love it!! Thanks for sharing your creation.

• caroleena
    13 years ago

i really like your BB. great job!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Very pretty! I just bet your picture doesn't do it justice because I know it will be gorgeous out in the sun (if we ever see it again around here). For someone who has been feeling lousy, you sure did a wonderful job! Be sure to share a picture of it when it's done and before the lucky winner gets it!

Good luck on the garden tour. I think your "garden junk" will wow them and it will more than make up for any gardening shortcomings you might have in comparison to the MG'ers!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

All grouted, 1st pic shows how irridecent the glass is!
    {{gwi:136912}}

{{gwi:136913}}

{{gwi:136914}}

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I love it. - Marylee

• puggranny
    13 years ago

Love it along with the fairy girl!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Your garden is amazing. They are lucky to have you on the tour. I love the ball grouted. Its beautiful. Is that black grout?
    Kathy

• jlily
    13 years ago

Wonderful finish!! Thanks for sharing.

Jlily

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow...the dark grout really makes it POP! Ya better keep it...looks great w/your garden fairy! TFS! Jeanne S. Hope you're feeling some better!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The grout was still wet when I took the pics, it will dry and have a blue tint to it. I was working on redoing my pond plants today, getting it cleaned up so I can place the seahorse beside it...will take a few pics of the yard once I get some weeding done!ha!

• daybeesgarden
    13 years ago

I hope your feeling better Jane. Awesome gazing ball. Your garden tour will be a wonderful success. I haven't been on this site for awhile but I remember all the wonderful work you have done.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful ball & looks good under the fairy. Someone will be a very lucky winner to take that ball home!! Love the colors & blue grout will be perfect! Jan

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Holey moley that is great!! Good luck!!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Just beautiful....the colors are amazing together, and the little squigglies top it off nicely. You and all your guests will enjoy it for many years. GREAT JOB!!

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Now that's talent!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

See, I knew the first picture didn't do it justice! It just needed some sunlight glinting on it. It is just as spectacular as your lovely garden fairy. That will be one lucky winner that gets that ball! Beautiful!

• shysue
    13 years ago

Love that! You do such beautiful work.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I hope you are feeling better soon. Your new gazing ball is awesome and it looks spectacular in the new setting. Everytime I see that fairy I have a major fit of jeaslousy, she is the "cat's meow".
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Ooohhh...I missed the finished picture til now....LOVE the way it turned out Jane! I'm sure the MGers will love it too! I mean, I am one, so what can I say? ;-)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting