Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing hair ball

Posted by jlily Z6 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 14, 11 at 9:58

I have not posted in quite awhile. We have moved and at my age that is no easy trick!! We are working on this new landscape--more pictures will follow. This is my latest ball-I got the curvy glass gems at the Dollar Tree. I had to do it. Enjoy Jlily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing hair ball

No pictures attached Jlily! Glad to have you posting again though!

o

Well, I guess I forgot how to do it!!LOL Thanks for the welcome.

JLily

Photobucket

o

What a riot! I love the "hairy" look.
What is your base? Is it a bowling ball?
Kathy

o

that is adorable.... I am thinking now of small soft balls with arms to look like cactus critters... thanks so much for sharing...

o

Love it!

o

I love it! Very nice colors (they are my favorite :-)

I have some of those long glass pieces and they never quite fit flat on my objects. I never thought of gluing them outward!!! Thank you. Gives me lots of ideas!

Smiles!---Sheri

o

cool

o

The base for the ball is a light globe-which did not let enough light through it. I'm glad you are enjoying it. It was fun to do. I tape the "hairs" until they are dry. Jlily

o

LOL! How Cute!!! Glad you are posting again!!!

o

Great Idea! Hmmmmmmm I have a kitchen light I could do that to. Thanks for the great idea.

o

Looks like something from the sea! Love the colors.

o

Be careful, it may MULTIPLY! ...or get up & move off the table! Unusual pc! You've got an imagination! Hope you are lovin' your new place! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Glad that you are back with us again!
Beautiful colors in the ball.
Hope you are feeling fine now, even with the
move that you just had.

o

What an awesome debut back on the forum! Good to see you back and in fine form! What a cool idea to glue those squiggles on so they go outward. I would have never thought of doing that. TFS and keep those great projects coming!

o

Thank you all-so much for the encouragement. Our yard is a real work in progress. So, it is keeping me busy with basic projects. But, I am enjoying it too. Jlily

o

beautiful work! a real art piece.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here