Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i love this!!!! way to recycle!!!

Posted by kelly_oh OH z6 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 10:00

A couple weeks ago, a friend and I were getting our hair hennaed, the lady that was gooping up our heads was saving 2 liter pop bottles for a public 'garden station' downtown to make a greenhouse. I was curious - the word 'greenhouse' always perks my ears up!!! Anyway, I found a link for instructions, I have read other ways to build these, but I like this one. I'm thinking of building just one 'screen wall' tho, not a whole greenhouse (well, not yet at least!!). My mom drinks bottled pop like crazy, the single serve sizes. I'm thinking she'll have enough bottles in a month to get the whole wall done!!!
Has anyone built anything like this before, if so, any pointers???

Here is a link that might be useful: plastic bottle greenhouse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i love this!!!! way to recycle!!!

What a cool idea! Like your mom, I drink a lot of beverages out of those smaller bottles. Maybe it could be decorated with some bottoms like at the link below (something I'm interested in trying).

Here is a link that might be useful: How to turn bottoms of plastic bottles into flowers

o

Luna,
I LOVE THAT, too!!!! Hmm, since you have to cut the bottoms of the bottles off to make the wall........:) thanks for posting that!!!

o

WOW! Both of these ideas are cool! What a great way to reuse plastic bottles!

o

Great recycling ideas! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

So just 350-500 bottles should do it!! I saw what the lady in Simi Valley (I think that's where)did a bottle house, walk, shed,I think wishing well, etc. it was really neat & amazed 1 person could do all that & not have a mess. It was very nice looking. Her had the bottle bottoms showing. Wonder if it is still on the Internet. Think she died few years back. They were trying to make it a historical place. Jan

o

As it happens, I have a link for instructions for one of these saved in my favorites.
they are very cool, and the best use of recycled materials I've ever seen.

too bad my dad drinks his soda from cans... lol

Here is a link that might be useful: greenhouse instructions

o

Wow I love the plastic bottle flower idea! So neat!!!!

o

Not sure if it was here I originally got this link or not, but here's what you can do with the rest of the bottle after making the flowers luna_llena_feliz posted about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastic Butterflies

o
Plastic flowers/butterflies/tub door

At the bottom of the post by Grandmathyme, there is a tiny picture that looked like it could be a tub door. It is similar to Calimity's, but done in plastic instead of stained glass.
Just a thought......

o

Apparently there is a whole bottle VILLAGE in Simi Valley!
You really piqued my interest with your post. I've some truly nosey neighbors. I've been telling my dh that I want to put up fence. I LOVE the idea of creating a recycled bottle fence!!!!!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottle village in Simi Valley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here