Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who needs a flea market...

Posted by gail_ish 5a ON (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 11:06

When you live on an old farm. There are a couple of spots where the previous owners used to dump their 'trash':

Here's an old bike that a tree has grown up through - I'll be cutting it down to get to it, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it - I already salvaged a full size one & have it planted up:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And here's a picture of some other stuff:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Even an old wagon wheel with it's centre:
Photobucket

How lucky am I?!

Thought you all would be the ones to appreciate this :)

Cheerio,
Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who needs a flea market...

Awesome! How I love finding *junk* other have tossed aside. It makes me feel like I won a lottery. Can't wait to see what other goodies you find. TFS

o

Great find... can't wait ot see what you are goin to do with it. I just love old rusted stuff like that.
Normally I would spray somthing rusted with polly urithane and it makes it look like leather and stops the rusting.
Hugs Carmen

o

Wow! How lucky can a person be? I would leave them rusty but my DH thinks everything has to be painted.

o

Great finds!
Kathy

o

WOW....I love finding old trash piles....just gotta be careful not to desturb the critters that have made the place their home. My DH patiently waits for me to dig and it's so much fun to see what someone else called "Junk"....sure am glad they did!!

o

I just retrieved a bycycle the a small tree had grown through!
At least my sister-in-law did--SHE took the bike apart and got it loose-LOL
Saw a couple of nice looking pieces of glass too---

o

That's a great find. I saw bicycle planters at Tuesday Morning yesterday, but I'd rather find a real one. Can't wait to see it in your garden.

o

Yes - & there are also some smashed bits of plates to be dug up - one looks like periwinkle glass. Perfect for mosaicing, I think. I had the dog with me, so I didn't dare do too much excavating because if he sees me digging, he's likely to join in and I was afraid of him cutting his paws on broken glass. I'm having the family up for my first supper at the house for Easter since the renovations, so I'm busy trying to finish up little projects & houseclean, but once that's over, I'm going on an archaeological dig!!

o

Here's some inspiration. I used to drive by this fence when we lived in that area. So glad someone took this wonderful picture and posted it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bicycle fence

o

gail-ish...you are a true GJer! Great hunting! You, dig, girl! Have fun! & can already see you're enjoying your old farm! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I used to love looking through the sheds on my aunt & uncle's farm when I was a kid (I was a junker even then). You'd walk through a wooded area near the house and find all kinds of things like that. It is fun. Just be sure to share what you find with us!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here