Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

My 'Wizard of Oz' garden in done!!!!!

excessfroufrou
14 years ago

I finally got all the elements done :Emerald City, ruby slippers, grouchy apple trees, yellow brick road and sign, flying monkeys, and a horse of a different color. Then I put in all the plants, some are perinnels and some are annuals. Syble

{{gwi:137245}}

href="http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/excessfroufrou/garden%20junk/?action=view&current=100_0717.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:137246}}

href="http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/excessfroufrou/garden%20junk/?action=view&current=100_0715.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:137247}}

href="http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/excessfroufrou/garden%20junk/?action=view&current=100_0718.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:137248}}

{{gwi:137249}}

Comments (22)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Love the "Emerald City" Wow! You sure have lot of green glass there. It looks fabulous at night!! I could eat the red shoes they look delicious!! What a great "garden delight"! Jan

• grandmathyme
    14 years ago

How wonderful! I love everything about it! Did you make the flying monkeys? They're wonderful! Your marble-covered ruby slippers are adorable. Your Emerald City is glorious! The whole thing is REALLY cute! Nice job!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Your Emerald city turned out beautifully! And you even have flying monkeys!! Too funny! You did a great job Syble....just great!

• catalinagrey
    14 years ago

Oh WOW!!! That is beautiful! I love it all, but the emerald city at night is soooooo perfect!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

That is just to cute. Nice job and what an imagation! Very well put together. tfs.

• marleneann
    14 years ago

Children will love this. A lot of thought put into this project.

• garden2garden
    14 years ago

I LOVE Emerald City! What a great idea to put the totems together like that. (hmmm...I never made a totem but I have a vision of an ice castle, that this might be just the thing for. And a use for all that clear glass)

Seriously Love those trees and The Ruby Slippers. And the Flying Monkeys! Did youmake them or actually find flying monkeys somewhere?

I love the way you lit it up. And how the glass gobs on the trees picks up the light too.

Your choice of plants is perfect.

• lavender_lass
    14 years ago

That is amazing and beautiful! I am so impressed with how you brought your vision to life...the Wizard of Oz has always been one of my favorites, too :)

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I love the emerald city. I can't believe you found flying monkeys! The shoes are so pretty. Fantastic!
    Kathy

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Oh you smartee pants! What a terrific idea!!
    Neighbor kids will love hangin out there!
    Hey I saw an hourglass with diamonds instead of sand LOL!

• fldirt
    14 years ago

Very cute! What a great job you did with the slippers & green totems.

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

frou...YES@! You did it! That Emerald City is WONDERFUL! Love that you "lit it up!" A great tribute to Oz...a labor of love! TFS! Jeanne S.

• gibsona
    14 years ago

Amazing! I LOVE that movie. Please tell us where you got the monkeys or had you made them. Also, how did you light the Emerald City and aren't you nervous about them tipping over? They don't seem to anchored n any way. Great job! ~Ann

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh WOW !! Frou, this is wonderful, delightful, magical..
    what a terrific garden you've created!
    I love it all, but of course my favorite as you probably know, is your Horse of a Different Color. ;o)

hugs,
    Karen

• Crafty Gardener
    14 years ago

fantastic job

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Very nice, you did a great job!!

• christmascandy
    14 years ago

Hey Frou,
    Fab job, but I'm one of the ones waiting to hear if you made or found the flying monkeys.
    You must not live in an area that gets hail. We sometimes get hail the size of golf balls or larger :( so Emerald City would have a very tentative lifespan in CO.
    I love that you lit it up for evening.
    Waiting to hear from you,
    Candy

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the sweet comments. Yes, I made the flying monkeys. I got a pattern off a sign I saw and cut them out of aluminum cans,then I JWelded them to copper wire spirals I made and painted them black. That is a lot of green glass, fortunately it is the most inexpensive and plentiful around here. I leave all my totems and glass out year round here and so far no broken ones, and we only get hail once in a blue moon. I really had a great time envisioning and creating each of the projects. I wanted to portray things, without using the main characters and wanted to craft each one as much as possible.
    Syble

• glassbluejay
    14 years ago

nice horse of a different color...... did you plant poppies?

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

oh how wonderful! and i agree........that emerald city is beautiful....i need one for my oz garden(that i neglected this year) i have 2 statues of 3 children in mine. i painted them to look like my 3 grandchildren. my youngest grandson is depicted by the one of a boy riding a trike down the yellow brick road......and either a squirrel broke its head off, or a falling branch,..but he's the one who noticed and was traumatized! his mom glued it and it's decapitated AGAIN!......so thanks for the beautiful inspiration(it may get me to go out and work on mine!) and i LOVE it...you did a great job:D

kudzu

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

How cute! And I'm sure you'll be thinking of more things to add to it as time goes on. And it can even be enjoyed at night! Love the flying monkeys too. TFS!

• caroleena
    13 years ago

thats just waaaay awesome! esp the emerald city and the ruby slippers. great job.