Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gazing ball WIP

Posted by azcactusflower 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 11:58

A friend was gong to throw away a couple of cement balls so I asked her for them. I decided to try my hand at making a gazing ball. I was wondering what color caulk and what kind to use on it. This is when I started.

Photobucket

This is further along. Doesn't look perfect but I think after I caulk it, it won't look too bad for a first try.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gazing ball WIP

azcactusflower, you did a wonderful job! It is beautiful. I'm beginning to think you can do anything and everything! Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Very pretty! And, yes, the grout is really going to make it POP!

o

I love the red and white!! I think it's going to look awesome when you're done!

o

That looks great....can't wait to see it finished

o

Are you using caulking or grout? If you use white or a light color then the gazing ball will look much like it does now if you go with black or a dark color it will change the effect. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....LOL Whatever you do it will wonderful!

o

You think it won't look too bad? It couldn't possibly look bad if you left it as is. It's beautiful.

o

It is beautiful! I can't wait to see it with the grout! That is your first try???? Wow!

o

Throw away cement balls!!!! azcactus to the rescue!!!
Looks good to me! And it would look great in your garden with that LADYBUG totem you recently made! Made me smile! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love the flower patterns and the red in it. It's a cool ball to start with. Be sure and let us see it grouted.'
Frou

o

Great job & like the cool blue color background color. Very nice! Jan

o

Very pretty!! Love the red flowers, they just jump out at you!!

o

• Posted by jiju zone 4 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 14, 11 at 17:24

Very pretty!!!!!

o

You've inspired me, I'm just starting another one, I was working on a glass globe, similar to your design, but I set it down too hard and it BROKE!!!Arg! So I hauled in a cement globe, and will get going on it!

o

I will be grouting this weekend. I loved making a gazing ball so much I made two more!!! A multi-colored flowered one and a blue flowered one. Now I just have to find some stands to put them on. I am going to make one for my friend who gave me the cement globes. She was amazed at how pretty the "junk" looks now!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here