Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memorial Garden Project

Posted by Prestonsnana none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 11 at 12:14

I have created a memorial garden in one corner of my yard and wanted some sort of plaque for some of the special people I have lost. Yesterday, I was at a shop that sells decor items and just plain stuff. In one corner, I found a stack of 14 x 14 inch pieces of tempered glass which had once served as display shelves in a store.

I bought one for just $4, brought it home, and played around with some etching cream I had purchased for another project. I was very pleased with the outcome...unfortunately, in order to photograph it, I had to put a black paper behind it, so it looks a little funerial, but in the garden it looks much prettier with leaves and flowers showing through the glass.

Image link: Memorial Garden Project (14 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memorial Garden Project

What a wonderful idea. You did a great job on the etching.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RecycleRoom

o

Very, very nice. You did a good job. I can picture leaves and flowers behind your plaque. - Marylee

o

Its lovely. I bet it looks great with the greenery. You were so smart to see a good use for the shelves.
Kathy

o

That is beautiful. You did a great job of etching it.

o

Your plaque looks very nice and your etching is wonderful! I'm sure it will look lovely in your memorial garden. Thanks for sharing it with us....I'd love to see a picture of your garden too.

o

Great idea for your memorial garden...I would love to see it in your garden, too! Goof job recycling! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

What a great idea!!!!! It is really impressive!!!!

o

Very pretty memorial! I agree, it will look gorgeous in the garden. Great repurpose!

o

I really like what you did with the glass. Great idea. You did a nice job on the etching. With a different design it would even be pretty to hang on the wall or in a window. And guess what- I've had a stack of these in the shed for years, I forgot I even had them till I saw this.

I've never done etching, I assume it's like a stencil? How did you get the persons name all together so perfect? Really like the corners. TFS.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here