Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
homemade trellis

Posted by doodys 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 12:40

this is a trellis me and my dh made using two scroll pieces that came off of someone's screen door .I managed to rescue them from the dumpster :) homemade trellis

My dh made me a box and I planted blue morning glories in it plus hung some beads off of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: homemade trellis

That's really cute and will be even better when the flowers take over. Your little purple fence is bright and cheery too. Last week DH brought home some cast iron stair bannisters(curb find) and we made a new trellis from them, I'll try to get a pic posted soon.

o

• Posted by sunnie 9/10 So.Calif. (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 13:41

Really love your trellis, post a pic when the morning glories are blooming.
I have an arbor in almost full sun and can't seem to get anything to grow.
Haven't tried morning glories tho. Your garden looks great.

o

Looks good, I found the beads, they are on upper 2 outer curls. I love blue morning glories & all colors also. Are yours going to be the real deep blue with white centers (I think they come back every year, I walk by house going to mom's dr. that has them with a white picket fence. I planted mixed hot pink, lt. pink, lavender,lt blue & maroon. Hot pink seem to come back most, maybe they drop most seeds. They do come up all over but are easy to pull out. Jan

o

Not sure but the color on the pack doesn't seem to be a dark blue.

o

This will look real pretty with Morning Glories...I love them...whatever color! Great recycling on the scroll pcs! You probably won't even see the scrolls once the MG's take over! Nice ht. to the gardens! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Very clever! I am always amazed at the eye for creativity all of you have. That's pretty just like it is, and it'll be even prettier when the morning glories inhabit it!

o

I love it! You both did a fantastic job. Please post pics when it's full of flowers!

o

What a great find!!
Living on the road is hard sometimes, because I can't do all of the things I would like too.. and this is one of them..

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 10, 10 at 10:57

That is very nice!! Can't wait to see the mg on it. Love your plate glass flowers too!!

o

I love the trellis and the morning glories are going to look fabulous on there! Great save from the dump!

o

great eye for great junk! morning glories will be perfect :D

kudzu

o

Your DH did a great job putting that together. The different scrolls flow nicely together. How did he fasten it to the posts and what sort of posts did he use? It will look great with the morning glories on it! They always look pretty on chain link fencing so they should look great on parts from a screen door too. I love the purple fence too! It will be a nice complement to your morning glories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here