Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Treadle Sewing Patio Table & Container Planting

jeannespines
11 years ago

Bought another Boston Fern for under the treadle sewing machine table on the patio $7.50 @ Lowe's ...pretty good price compared to elsewhere:

{{gwi:137514}}

Planted my copper kettle & another pot ...an old big insulator is holding the brown tea kettle ...I like to use tea-kettles for watering containers nearby...all thrift shop or garage sale finds the past few yrs:

{{gwi:137515}}

On the other side of the patio is north porch shady garden...there's a broken crock w/Chives this Spring plus I added my red painted Curly Willow branches that I had in washtub this Winter...

{{gwi:137516}}

Just planted a 'white Bleeding Heart' here that I got at a Mennonite nursery last week:

{{gwi:137517}}

...and my green totem birdwaterer w/blue glass bird is out for another season...cement 'shroom & planted up this wood container:

{{gwi:137519}}

Happy GJ gardening, GJers! Jeanne S.

Comments (12)

• cnm1
    11 years ago

Lovely!!! I really like the idea about the tea kettles. I wish I still had my mom huge aluminum one. That would look great

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

I love it !!! I use the tea K ALSO.

• oldcrafty
    11 years ago

So invitung looking. Quite gorgeous.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Looking great in your yard Jeanne! LOVE the new plantings...the ferns are beautiful and your hostas too! And your frog stepping stone is awesome too! Happy spring to you too~

• luvs2click
    11 years ago

Beautiful as usual, Jeanne! I love that corner with the fern, curly willow, hosta and the bleeding heart. I just bought 2 bleeding heart, red and white, for my newly formed shade garden. Great pics!
    Arlene

• imjustsam
    11 years ago

You are the best. Dont ever stop posting. Just when I wondered what to do with the sewing table bottom that I am about to replace for a dresser. Poof! You give me a new idea. Thanks

• rafor
    11 years ago

Love the table! I just finally found a grate to add to my table legs so I can put it outside. Didn't want to use wood for the table top since I wanted it to stay out in the rain. Now I need to put it all together. Yours is great :)

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

Very nice,i like your kettles and teapots,the plants and that curly willow.

As for the white bleeding heart,i have one,which i like very much~~~~~~~~~~BUT,and you know there had to be a but,the worms like it as well.I battle them constantly on that.Mine is just starting to leaf out.
    Kathi

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, GJers! Hope my Bleeding Heart (& luvs above) doesn't get problems like yours, Kathi & welcome back, too!

Should have mentioned my 'rain barrel' in the porch photo of ferns & hosta's...I Googled & found how to make one...& my DH did that for me a few yrs back...it's wonderful...I didn't know how quickly a big rain barrel can fill up fromt he rain on the roof to the eaves! I love it! It's white heavy duty plastic of some sort. Happy planting! Jeanne s.

• Kathryn Botard
    11 years ago

I have that same grate for a table only my legs are from a sears treadle sewing machine.

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Love all your new plants & the pots & teakettles! The frog stepping stone is so cute! We had a terrific wind last night & really made a mess & everything looks so dried out even tho I watered well after I got the mess cleaned up. I had a red bleeding heart couple of yrs ago & bloomed so nice & then it just died overnight. Think it was the heat but afraid to try again. Maybe would do better in the ground. Love your curly willow as it gives some "mystery" to that area. Your rainbarrel is neat!! TFS Jan

• jlily
    11 years ago

I love your tea pot plantings. I do that, myself. I love the look of them. The Bleeding Heart is lovely with the ferns, Hosta. Thank you for Sharing, Jlily

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH