Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21904167

This old bird

User
12 years ago

I bought this at a yard sale last year and can't decide how to use him in a garden setting. Right now he's guarding our workshop.

It's been forever since I posted a picture inside a post. Where can I find out how again? Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:137613}}

Comments (18)

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

{{gwi:137613}}

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

L.O.V.E. him!!!!

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's welded together. That's my antique pitchfork head behind and a shovel head in front. Still working to find a place to put them.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

That old bird will look GREAT anywhere! Do have any tall grasses planted in your gardens? He would look great alongside just peeking around the grass! If you can't find a spot, send him to me! LOL! Jeanne S.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The only tall grass is when hubby doesn't mow it. lol That's a great idea. Maybe I'll plant some pampas grass along the side of the workshop. Our yard is a real work in progress.

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

I like him too!! Looks like you'll need someone who knows how to weld to put it all together.
    Kathi

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

grannytoo, that is one fantastic bird! - Marylee

• jlily
    12 years ago

That's one mean looking bird!! A guard bird maybe. Enjoy! Jlily

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Oh, he's wonderful! Love the rake for his tail...awesome!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

That's 1 bird I wouldn't want to "ruffle his feathers" Beak looks like it could take a good nip out of you too, definitely a guard bird! Great conversation starter too! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Your wonderful old bird looks like he is related to my wonderful old bird Screech.

{{gwi:135360}}

Don't you just love a creative welder?

• maggie4737
    12 years ago

Love that bird!! He would look good anywhere in the garden!

• quidam2
    12 years ago

He is cute!! As stated before, he would look good peeking out from tall grass or overlooking a pond/water-feature looking for a fish. Wherever he is, he is cool-----Sheri

• sorie6 zone 6b
    12 years ago

WOW what a great looking bird. Did you make him? Can't wait to see where you decide to put him!!

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I didn't make him. I bought him at a yard sale last year to put in my side yard to irritate my neighbor. She was a hateful old thing and didn't like birds of any kind. She's since moved and now I want to put it where I can enjoy it. I love old rusty things and this sure fits that bill.

luna_Ilena_feliz, your bird is much prettier than mine. I do love creative people. Wish I could weld like that.

• princealbert
    12 years ago

grannytoo
    " That's my antique pitchfork head behind and a shovel head in front. Still working to find a place to put them."

Your pitch fork looks just exactly like the one that I have in my garage.
    I love the bird too, and like Jeanne said , if you can't find a place for him at your house send him to me.
    pa (princealbert)

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm glad to see that others like him as much as I do. I had almost decided to sell it at my next yard sale. Now I think he's a keeper.

princealbert: I couldn't find a handle for the pitchfork so I drilled a hole in a wooden closet rod and made a handle. :)

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

Granytoo, I too love that bird, if I knew how to weld I would make me one.
    Hugs, Carmen