Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This old bird

Posted by grannytoo zone 5 - IN (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 13:47

I bought this at a yard sale last year and can't decide how to use him in a garden setting. Right now he's guarding our workshop.

It's been forever since I posted a picture inside a post. Where can I find out how again? Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: vulture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old bird

Photobucket

o
RE: This old bird

L.O.V.E. him!!!!

o

That old bird will look GREAT anywhere! Do have any tall grasses planted in your gardens? He would look great alongside just peeking around the grass! If you can't find a spot, send him to me! LOL! Jeanne S.

o

The only tall grass is when hubby doesn't mow it. lol That's a great idea. Maybe I'll plant some pampas grass along the side of the workshop. Our yard is a real work in progress.

o

I like him too!! Looks like you'll need someone who knows how to weld to put it all together.
Kathi

o

It's welded together. That's my antique pitchfork head behind and a shovel head in front. Still working to find a place to put them.

o

grannytoo, that is one fantastic bird! - Marylee

o

That's one mean looking bird!! A guard bird maybe. Enjoy! Jlily

o

Oh, he's wonderful! Love the rake for his tail...awesome!

o

That's 1 bird I wouldn't want to "ruffle his feathers" Beak looks like it could take a good nip out of you too, definitely a guard bird! Great conversation starter too! Jan

o

Your wonderful old bird looks like he is related to my wonderful old bird Screech.

Screech

Don't you just love a creative welder?

o

Love that bird!! He would look good anywhere in the garden!

o

He is cute!! As stated before, he would look good peeking out from tall grass or overlooking a pond/water-feature looking for a fish. Wherever he is, he is cool-----Sheri

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 12:07

WOW what a great looking bird. Did you make him? Can't wait to see where you decide to put him!!

o

I didn't make him. I bought him at a yard sale last year to put in my side yard to irritate my neighbor. She was a hateful old thing and didn't like birds of any kind. She's since moved and now I want to put it where I can enjoy it. I love old rusty things and this sure fits that bill.

luna_Ilena_feliz, your bird is much prettier than mine. I do love creative people. Wish I could weld like that.

o

grannytoo
" That's my antique pitchfork head behind and a shovel head in front. Still working to find a place to put them."

Your pitch fork looks just exactly like the one that I have in my garage.
I love the bird too, and like Jeanne said , if you can't find a place for him at your house send him to me.
pa (princealbert)

o

I'm glad to see that others like him as much as I do. I had almost decided to sell it at my next yard sale. Now I think he's a keeper.

princealbert: I couldn't find a handle for the pitchfork so I drilled a hole in a wooden closet rod and made a handle. :)

o

Granytoo, I too love that bird, if I knew how to weld I would make me one.
Hugs, Carmen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here