Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marquest_gw

Totems ready for glue

marquest
12 years ago

OK as promised. I am posting my first totems. They are not glued yet and I am not married to the design so if there are any suggestions I am open.

For those of you that have not followed me. This is what has been going on.....

I retired and finally I could join all the fun you all have been having. I did some idea borrowing from here and around the net. Went in search of glass. Boy that has been fun.

Then I tried to put all the glass together and found it is harder than I thought. I went out in search of more glass and some plates to make them fit. More fun.

Finally I decided I need more room and to get a good sense of what they would look in the sun light I decided to lay them out on the lawn. I though finally this is going to be good. WRONG. It started to rain and has been raining since. Today I had 3 hours 7 am until about 10 it is raining again.

So I have these laid out as my beginning.

All clear Crystal. It is very sparkly It does not show how blingy it is laying down.

{{gwi:137627}}

Mini Frog glass. I have lots of frogs I am doing a frog garden.

{{gwi:137628}}

Blue and green stack- The bird has a green accents again cannot see it very good. But the bird is a good match.

{{gwi:137629}}

My White and blue oriental theme.

{{gwi:137630}}

Comments (12)

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

It looks like you are going to have some gorgeous totems when you get them glued together. Super for your first totems! The combination of glass and colors is perfect. I like them just the way you have them set. Please post pics when you get them glued. We'd love to see them. Thanks for sharing.

• pixie_lou
    12 years ago

I love the frog and the mushroom!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

They are looking great! Don't forget to put something wider on the bottom or they will fall over...unless you're putting them on a pipe or rebar. I usually glue a bowl or plate on the bottom.

• mommyandme2
    12 years ago

I agree with Marlene. You REALLY need something large & flat on the bottom. A microwave platter is ideal. They are clear & plain & will blend in with the garden. They are frequently available at tag sales & thrift shops - Laura

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Microwave platters are easy. Every time I brought a new Microwave I could never bring myself to throw them away so I have a lot of those. Thanks for the tip.

Now I have to find that box with all those big heavy old plates. LOL

• cnm1
    12 years ago

You have some great glass and have come up with some lovely totems. I love the the tops you have found for them. I can't wait to see the final product!!
    PS I can't bring myself to throw out microwave platters either!! Also great for cakes!)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

they will be beautiful! Great choices and combinations!
    Kathy

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the encouragement.

cnm1, that is funny. I am happy I am not the only one with a collection of microwave plates. I could not see throwing a good heavy piece of glass away. I kept thinking they had to have a use for something.

• GlassLady77
    12 years ago

I am still trying to find the right glue, have been collecting stuff, can't wait to start a totem. Also am making a bottle tree. Any help is appriciated.
    Nancy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love that frog & that green glass that looks like an 'Umbrella plant' or a Mushroom! That will be quite original! Looks like you're having fun here... a 'glass' class act! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nico_girl3
    12 years ago

You have some beautiful glass. I love the frog. Where did you find all the cool glass?

• marquest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nico-girl I picked up the glass in the last month at Goodwill and St Vincent DePaul. They give coupons and senior discount the more often you go the more coupons I got so all the glass was cheap. I got all this glass for less than 20.00. It is harder to put together than finding the glass.

It was so much fun. Whenever I saw a color piece of glass it was like Christmas morning. lol

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio