Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gotonenerveleft

You've created a monster....

gotonenerveleft
16 years ago

.....with these totem things. I've seen them for awhile now but just started making them and now I'm hooked. They are so easy to make and cost so little. I've made about 7 so far with many more to go. Here are pictures of the ones I've done so far. Thanks for all the inspiration...this place is so great!!!

{{gwi:137669}}

{{gwi:137670}}

Comments (18)

• Momof6
    16 years ago

Wow..those are great....the ones with terra cotta pots are so different...may have to cheat and copy those... thanks for sharing.....Mary

• cs7580
    16 years ago

Oh No you not a monster, you are a artest!! very nice

• quaskygirl
    16 years ago

Those are so pretty! I love the blue jars. I HAVE to make one of those now...

You did an awesome job! And I agree, you are not a monster, but an inspiration!!

• TwoMonths
    16 years ago

GRRRRRRRR, welcome to our hiding place beheath the garden beds. LOL. They are beautiful. Glad you have joined us. June

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Fantastic totems, and a big WELCOME to the forum. Hope to see more of your beautiful work.

• mayme
    16 years ago

WOW! Those are just beautiful. How clever to use the
    blue canning jar.
    Mayme

• gotonenerveleft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for the compliments. These were so fun to make and I suprised myself that I only broke one piece of glass in the process. I want to do some that go on stakes but have been too chicken to put that bud vase on...not sure how to set it up for it to dry.

The canning jars were really part of a canister set. They're the bail type jars and the little top piece that the metal clips down on are glued in the center of the bird baths. I didn't know what else to do with them and it actually added some more pizazz by doing that. It's kinda hard to tell but the jars are actually a teal green color...went great with the terracotta.

Anyhow, thanks for the welcome and the compliments...Tami

• cindee11461
    16 years ago

great totems!!!! They are soooooooooooo addicting!!! Soon you will have them everywhere just like me(-:

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

I agree,the terra cotta and blue mason jars just go together so well. This is an idea I can copy! I like the rusty stars,too. Very nice totems, I love them :)

• Woodsy
    16 years ago

Ohhhh, I just love terra cotta...and those look great!
    I also love the one with the big round ? lamp part..bowling ball? in the bottom picture...and the wall pockets too...very nice...
    Woodsy

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oh, I really like the canning jars and terra cota idea. Very clever idea there. The others are really lovely too. I like the ones in your flower bed. What did you find for the round ball on the top?

I am ashamed to admit how long it took me to figure out your name--it finally came to me! Got One Nerve Left. Very cute.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Tami, I love your Gotonenerve left. Great name!!! And you are quite the Totem master looks like. Those are all really wonderful. You found some great items to work with and have a good eye for putting all together. Can't wait to see more from you and welcome to the Junk Pile.

Karen

• nonacook
    16 years ago

You have made a LOT of things!!! I have been a 'monster' for a long time--isn't it FUN? Lately I have not made much, and I don't know how to post pictures, but I have been at this forum since it's beginning and have learned a lot from others. I am glad you are showing us your creations!

• Bright199
    16 years ago

Welcome to the junkyard!! The totems are beeautiful.. you have some very pretty glass. I agree they are totally addicting.

• gotonenerveleft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much again for the nice words. To answer some questions...the one in the bottom picture that someone thought looked like a bowling ball is just a vase that I was gonna sell in a garage sale. Amazing how much stuff I was able to raid from the boxes once I started making the totems(the canisters that I mixed with the terracotta were slated to go too). The little ball things on top were glass humingbird feeders that I never got around to putting up. I just took the feeder tubes and rubber gasket thingys out.

For those who figured out my name...I think you're pretty smart, most people never get it...lol

Nona...I've actually been coming to this website off and on for years. I used to have another name but am ashamed to say I can't remember it. Tried every combination I could think of and then just gave up and reregistered. Never was much of a poster just a serious lurker....haha....but like you I have learned so much from this forum.

Thanks again...Tami

• favesis37
    16 years ago

love them! great job!

• mjowest
    16 years ago

I hope this posting bumps up this topic-

These are my FAVORITE totems I've ever, ever seen!!

Now I've got to find some of that blue glass...

I keep going back to the photos and looking and looking.

mj

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

Yes the terra cotta are cute but I must say that blue on the right hand side is just gorgeous. I would not put it outside though.

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design