Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small bikes

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 14:17

I have two toddler bikes that I saved from the family dumpster. I want to paint them vibrant colors and use as garden decor. How can I remove the stickers and how do I prep and paint?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small bikes

I would use either alcohol thinner or lighter fluid or the like to remove the stickers. Then, I'd lightly sand and spray paint them whatever color you like.

They should be cute in the garden!

o

A heat gun might work too - I use that on a lot of stickers - it just warms up the glue and they peel right off - then I use goo-gone to get rid of any sticker residue.

o

I have denatured alcohol. Would that work?

o

I have denatured alcohol. Would that work?

o

Try spraying the stickers with WD40 and let soak for a few minutes. They should peel right off.

o

I'm lazy. I'd paint right over them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here