Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plate flowers

Posted by lily603 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 14:45

plodding thro this site I see what glue to use to make the flower plates..haven't found the best instructions for attaching plates to something and that something to a firm post...wood, black pipe, $$copper pipe?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plate flowers

Some people use a flattened spoon glued to the back of the plate with the handle bent, and insert the handle into some metal conduit pipe or something similar. I only use GE ll silicon caulk made for outdoor use.
If you search for the plate flowers there's many that show the backs.
Some people also drill and bolt the pieces together.

o

Another tutorial
Just Google plate flowers diy or tutorial
Search here on this forum at the very bottom of page 1 using the search box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plate flowers

o

Or you can glue a small bottle on the back of the plate and insert the rod into it. Small flat sided bottles work well like salt and pepper shakers.
Get creative with it.

o

I just made 3 this spring and used e6000 adhesive to glue a hex coupling to the back of the plate, and the rebar threads right into it. I followed instructions on a blog and it worked out fine. Time will tell how well the adhesive holds up, but I like how they turned out with a little glass paint, some Goodwill candleholders/ plates and a bit of rebar. I think I will be making more soon! It is easy to get carried away and make gorgeous ones using antique glassware, etc. but I was still pretty pleased with my thrifted/painted versions, especially when the sun shines through and illuminates the colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here