Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What To Use For Gluing Wood, Glass, Or Rocks TO Plastic?

Posted by butterflylion 7bGA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 14:54

What type of glue would work best for attaching items made of various materials (wood, glass, rocks, etc.) to plastic---for use outdoors? Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and experiences!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What To Use For Gluing Wood, Glass, Or Rocks TO Plastic?

I use gorilla glue for small projects(be careful, wear gloves..it will turn your fingers black); I use liquid nails and a caulking gun for bigger projects. Hope this helps.

o

GE silicone II for windows and doors.....

o

GE silicone II is what I use too!

o

I looked at the GE website and saw two types of GE Silicone II listed. One is called "Household Glue," while the other one mentions exterior applications: "GE Silicone II Metal Glue and Seal is a 100% silicone sealant that offers excellent adhesion and maximum performance in exterior applications." Which is the one that you use?

o

I think we all use the sealant

Maria

o

This is a good site to find out about how to glue things.

Janie

Here is a link that might be useful: This to That

o

GE Silicone II - the sealant for indoor/outdoor use. I've used it to adhere glass to plastic, rocks to wood and plastic and glass, glass to glass, ceramic and porcelain to wood and plastic and metal, etc. You name it, I've used it!

I used it on a piece which I mosaiced and placed outside and forgot to bring in for the winter. The porcelain pieces are still stuck to the wood, but the wood warped and the grout has broken in some places. Tried to pry some of the pieces off yesterday, but they are on there for good!

o

• Posted by monte 6-NE NJ (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 23, 07 at 17:24

Silicone is great stuff for many applications but for a fail proof bond you can go to polyurathane.

The PL brand is available at Home Depot. I would suggest the Outdoor Project or even better the Premium Construction Adhesive.

Here is a link that might be useful: PL Adhesives

o

I use the GE Silicone II for windows and doors, I also get the clear color. But it has to be for windows and doors!!

o

I use Plumbers Goop

o

Does anybody use E6000 for outside projects? I use it a lot, but can't remember if I used it for outside.

o

I use GE Marine silicone and in the past I've used "Fix All" Here is a plastic globe I used stained glass and GE Marine Silicon on, then grouted with outdoor grout and sealed said grout with outdoor grout sealer...It looks cool lit up!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Globe(lol!)

o

I need a glue to bind plastic to wood.The area of wood is about three to four millimeters.De glue must be applied with a small brush.Dryingor open time must be between 2 minutes and 5 minutes or more if their is a drying solvent to speed op the drying..I make kite

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here