Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dark_onyx1982

Green glass pitcher ideas

Dark_onyx1982
13 years ago

I found a green glass picture at a local thrift store I just could not pass up. The problem is I am stumped as what to do with it. It is very similar to the one pictured here

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_570xN.158517656.jpg

I thought I would pick the brains of the best :) I have lots of clear, green, and purple glass in my gardens. Any ideas?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:137967}}

Comments (12)

• User
    13 years ago

I don't have ideas to share with you but love that pitcher. The color is gorgeous.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I'd fill it w/cut yellow Tulips & sit it on my patio table! Lovely pitcher! Also if you have small pots of flowers that you water frequently, it would be lovely just sitting outside among your potted plants & readily available for daily watering. Jeanne S.

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Green the color of spring!! It is a beautiful pitcher. Filling it with flowers, real or artificial, would look lovely sitting on your patio, just as jeannespines suggested.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I, like everyone else like the color...don't find that color very often anymore. You could use it as a vase, or maybe as a pouring "vessel" for a fountain or one of those fountains that looks like a sink of dishes.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Very pretty! Not good totem material because it doesn't have a flat top and you wouldn't want the pitcher to collect water as a top piece. I like the idea of using it as a vase or you could put a potted plant in it. Although it would be great with lemonade in it too!

• quidam2
    13 years ago

It is a gorgeous pitcher! I can see it propped at an angle with small planted yellow or white flowers flowing out like liquid. Maybe even cute glasses waiting below to be filled. Can't wait to see what you do!

Smiles! Sheri

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

You could use it as part of a totem if it was upside down. Maybe with a green or clear bottle inside that was mounted on a piece of rebar. Or some other plain not beautiful piece of glass on the inside to provide a base.

I'd use it as a pitcher or vase myself. Beautiful color.
    If you ever accidentally break it, use it for glass on glass mosaics.

Nice find.
    Kathy

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

These are all good ideas, but I have a much better one. SEND IT TO ME!!!
    Seriously, I would use it for a vase, or as jeanne said, a watering vessel sitting among your potted plants.

• organizedsarah
    13 years ago

I love it just like it is. I would love just using it for iced tea or lemonade in the summer! One of my favorite flowers are Shasta daisies, and I'd love to see a bouquet of daisies in it!

• Robin Ladowski
    13 years ago

I agree- Make lemonade !

• mssunflower
    13 years ago

If you could suspend it above a big flower pot or flowerbed and have small prisms or clear beads wired from the lip of the pitcher like water pouring into the flowers???????

• Dark_onyx1982
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I love the ideas. Thank you for sharing. Once I find a home for it in my garden I will post pictures.