Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pretty totem birdbath

Posted by purplemoon z9 Phoenix (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 15:41

I saw this while browsing stuff on Flickr and thought she did a wonderful job on this birdbath. I love how colorful it is.

Enjoy, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: totem birdbath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pretty totem birdbath

Karen, She certainly did make some pretty birdbaths. If they are working birdbaths, I'll bet they are hard to keep clean. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Very colorful! Love the cardinal figurine in it too!

o

Oh my! That's so pretty! I like it better than the clear glass totems!

o

She does have a lot of gorgeous birdbaths but like marylee said, they are probably hard to keep clean. I'd probably chase the birds away from mine if I had one like that! he-he

o

Yep, I looked at all 5 pgs of her birdbath creations and they are wonderful. My favorite was the one with the two big green leaf plates. I'd want all of these on a covered porch, LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

They're gorgeous. And, yes, they would be almost impossible to clean. If I would have one it would be strictly ornamental.

o

They are fantastic, and the plates she has found are fabulous! Where did she ever get all those bird figurines?
TFS Karen

Kathy

o

Kathy, I recognized some of the bird figurines from Dollar Tree. But I imagine she found others at thrift shops or yard sales, otherwise they'd be too pricey to buy so many.

Matte figurines look so much better sprayed with high gloss so they have a porcelin look I think, and easier to clean. Some I've found at Dollar Tree and GW look a LOT better "glossed up". It really brings the colors out.

hugs, Karen

o

Everything she has made is absolutely beautiful. I would think that her art would be better off on a porch or inside the house. She has the eye for coordinating all the colors and figurines in her creations. It sounds like she sells a lot of them. I can see why. Thanks for sharing this with us purplemoon. Lots of inspirations in her works.

o

Great work!
I see a lot of possibilities in the photos.

o

They're so fun to make - but the collecting part can get you in trouble. My greenhouse looks like a hoarder lives there!

o

OMGosh...I went back and looked through all of these creations....be still my heart! They are just gorgeous! And the cool part is I have things to make some of these types of birdbaths......I think I may be in trouble now.....thanks Karen!

o

Those are nice. i like to make them at least 3 ft high and with the bottom plate upside down so that it doesn't gather water at the bottom.

Hugs,Carmen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here