Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldgraymare_gw

Garden (?) window

oldgraymare
9 years ago

This is made from a old window and clear glass bowls,covers,candle holders etc and glass nuggets. I used a marine epoxy to glue everything on just in case I do decide to use it in the garden. Kind of a faux stained glass window!

Comments (14)

• garden2garden
    9 years ago

I really like that!

I've thought about doing something like that, glass plates always look so good with the sun shining through them, but I've never got around to trying it. I'm so glad you did.

It looks great. TFS.

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

It is Beautiful. I have two, I think were smaller camper windows, I want to do some thing like this on.

I bet your window will be lovely with the sun shining through.

• concretenprimroses
    9 years ago

Well done!
    I would love to do this to the window in our front door (once dh retrofits the front door).
    Kathy

• mjowest
    9 years ago

Love this!
    How will you display it?

• oldgraymare
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Im thinking of putting 2 timbers or logs in the ground like fence posts and another across the top.. maybe 6 ft wide and 6 ft high. Then I can attach chains to the window (or windows) and hang!

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

Oldgraymare that would be really pretty.

• oldcrafty
    9 years ago

Very Pretty. It's going to look amazing hanging!

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

LOL Today we took a load to the thrift store and I brought back half a dozen dishes for a project like this. Oldgraymare you be getting me in trouble. I even left my purse in the car when I took the stuff in hoping I would not find anything to buy. HA Fat chance.

• oldgraymare
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Love it shades of idaho LOL! ! Im hitting the thrift stores again tomorrow. I just acquired a bunch of old windows..I have to do something with them..Right??

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

I only have a few old windows and the camper ones. I pick the windows up when ever I can. I have a small wedding present to grout tomorrow to finish it so I am really hoping I can get back to the camper windows My hallway wall can wait. LOL So anxious to finish decorating my patio with the windows and I do not think they will take too long.

Later I was thinking of doing a second house name sign for the front porch using an old window. Hang it corner down. Or off kilter in some way because the subject on it will also be an off kilter crooked little house.

I might use one of the long narrow camper windows for a house number sign. Our house number is only three numbers so I might have room for some pretty cut glass dishes on it. So many ideas so little time.

• stolenidentity
    9 years ago

Oh WOW, I am glad I popped in here. That window is awesome!!

• oldcrafty
    9 years ago

Shades.....HURRY up with those house numbers....Can't wait to see what sounds amazing!!

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

LOL old Crafty. I am working on the two windows for the kitty kennel decor first. I actually did quite a bit today. I had some flower plates made up. need to add a long stem and leaf or two and fill in and call it good. the two windows were larger than I remembered. I am not going to get fiddly with it.

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

Looks great. I like the idea of hanging it from log framework!! TFS Jan