Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rock Covered Vase

Posted by quidam2 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 15:54

It just finished this planter made from the base of an ugly lamp that I turned upside down, rocks found at the coast last summer and a metal candle holder.

I glued it to the stand but it is still a bit top-heavy. I will put a stake up through the middle hole to ensure it doesn't get knocked over. I am still trying to figure out where it should go.

I didn't notice until I looked at the pictures but it looks like a pineapple! Too funny.

Happy Spring GJers!

Sheri

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock covered vase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rock Covered Vase

Looks great! You found some really pretty rocks...what did you use to shine them up?

o

What a great planter!! I does look somewhat like a pineapple. You could plant one of those small pineapples in it. Cute! Thanks for sharing! jlily

o

Looks cool! Does have that pineapple look w/the plant that you put in it! LOL! Love it! Great recycling! No grout either, I see...looks great! Jeanne S.

o

Great idea! a girl named max

o

That is really neat. I love it. - Marylee

o

That's a great creation, love the rocks.
Frou

o

What a great look the rocks give...sure looks a ton better than the old vase! Awesome fern too!

o

Really classy & I love the beautiful rocks will shine in the sunshine! Nice work! Jan

o

Good Job! I Like the pineapple look!!!

o

Thank you all soooo much!! I have an affinity for rocks. I used almost all the rocks I had but will make sure I get lots more in June when we go camping again.

I used acrylic spray to make them shiny. Didn't see the need for grout and it was already so heavy. I was very limited on plant choice as my yard is totally shaded. It does have a drainage hole in the glass and holder.

Smile! Sheri

o

I like it on the metal candle holder. Makes it look even cooler. Gosh, I never thought to use acrylic spray to shine up rocks! What a great idea since I'm always collecting them from the beach. Thanks for sharing!

o

That is gorgeous! I love the different colors of the rocks and the shiny finish makes them look as if they've just been washed with a gentle rain.

o

I totally love the look of the rocks. I have been more into rocks lately.....so thanks for sharing such a cool idea. The project floating around in my head is on a much bigger scale. I have an old wire frame deer, it is life size, so it is pretty BIG. It's not the flimsy kind you find at WM, it is a heavy duty one. I invision it being covered in rocks and mosaiced, BIG project and lots of weight so I really have to give it more thought and look for some advise before I start. But couldn't you just see how neat that would look?

o

Great idea. Beautiful!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here