Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
puggranny

Any New Ideas

puggranny
12 years ago

I have made glass plate flowers and totems and went to several craft shoes and I can not give them away. I do redneck wineglasses, champagne glasses and red solocups. Looking for something else to make to take. Any ideas????

Comments (10)

• marquest
    12 years ago

Are you looking for craft to take for sale?

The craft shows I have been going to it seems the big thing now is things that have a use. Things you can store stuff in small and cheap items. Lots of jewelery.

-mosaic stepping stones
    -Decorated boxes to store things. They are usually small
    - Garden decor was different sizes of drift wood.
    -All year they are selling Christmas Styrofoam tree ornaments balls decorated with lace and glitter.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Ya...that is the way it is around here...nobody wants to buy the stuff...they all take a good look and ask lots of questions, but just don't buy.

• marquest
    12 years ago

The economy is bad and people just do not have as much discretionary money. That is why I see people that have the most sales at their booth is small items or things that do not cost a lot.

I think that is why the jewelry seems to be big sellers. Nothing over 20.00 but most of the items are 5.00. Same with the driftwood they were selling for 1.00 to 50.00 for big odd different shapes. It has to be something people recognize they cannot do themselves before they are going to part with their money.

Mosaic flower pots that have a succulent in them were selling good. They were small mosaic pots with a coordinating color succulent for 8.00. Small terracotta pots with mosaic designs on them with a colorful little succulent and some gravel on top.

I saw a really good one...The lady had all mosaic flower pots... but there was one that was gorgeous it was bigger than the others and she was running a raffle for that one. For a dollar they had a chance to win the big Flower pot. I bet she made more money that day than selling any of the small pots she sold.

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

I think that the novelty of totems has worn off, and the craze is pretty much over.

I have lately seen some really cool glass floor lamps made in totem style, very Victorian looking with beaded shades. One was made with tea and vintage coffee pots. They were about 5' tall.

Much of the flea market and junk garden style has been done and overdone, time for a fresh look at things!

• amigirl
    11 years ago

I'm doing pretty well selling garden stakes, wine bottle windchimes and votive candle holders,bike rims filled with colored glass and used as sun catchers and salvage glass bird feeders. All ideas I got from GJ forum or etsy.com

Sue

• luvs2click
    11 years ago

I suggest fairy gardens - they sell like hotcakes for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: fairy gardens

• puggranny
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the ideas!!!!!!!!

• greensuzq2
    11 years ago

Hi,

I went to a craft show last month and saw a couple of new things. I took pictures and one lady was upset because I was taking pictures of the back of her coffee can flowers. She asked me not to take a pic, but too late, I already had. They were similar to the soda can flowers I have seen here, but made with 3 pound coffee cans. I think you would have to saw them, not cut. She also had some crosses made from tin roof siding, about 3 to 4 feet tall. Had painted some cute things on them. She sold quite a few, saw them as I was walking around.

Also saw plate flowers, totems, teapots with plants in them. And something I have to make, a bird feeder made from a plunger, upside down. It will look cute next to my toilet planter. I will have to download my pics from camera and will try and post some pictures. It's been awhile since I have posted here, but am always lurking.

I have some cute solar chandeliers to show too. I am making one for a benefit auction for this weekend and also have some plate flowers and one garden lady totem to donate for them also.

Will try and post pics in the next day or so.

Have A Great Day,
    Suzq

• flowers12
    11 years ago

I've had such good luck in selling my totems and plate flowers that I usually sell more than I anticipated. I sell them ranging from $20 - $40. I have some in flower pots to show how to use them and I have lots of pictures of my beautiful garden with them in the ground. People who love flower gardens seem to especially want one of these to add sparkle and interest. I'm working hard right now trying to get enough made so I can sell at a craft fair the end of May. I've gotten a lot of wonderful ideas from all you ladies here and I thank you for all the inspiration.
    Marilyn

• greensuzq2
    11 years ago

Hi Again,

Yes, everyone loves totems and plate flowers, I Love Them too. Here are a couple pictures from a craft fair I went to last month.

{{gwi:138186}}

{{gwi:138188}}

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions