Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for Broken Crystal.

Posted by mourningdove 4b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 16:44

My favorite pinwheel crystal rose bowl got broken. Unable to repair. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do with these beautiful broken pieces?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for Broken Crystal.

Mosaicing is what pops into my mind ... a stepping stone or flower pot. Jeanne S.

o

I'm sorry the bowl was broken. It sounds like it was a treasure.

I like the mosaic idea. I might also look for shapes that would fit in driftwood nooks, that idea just came to me. Little windows for elf or fairy houses, maybe.

o

Maybe a glass on glass mosaic.

o

Thank you folks for your ideas. At least now I have food for thought. Do I use that GE silicone glue I've read so much about on this site? Appreciate your help.

d

o

Lots of us do use GE Silicone II for Doors & Windows for totems/birdbaths ...but some use others ... I haven't done glass on glass ...so don't know the answer for that. Jeanne S.

o

You can probably get an answer to that question on the mosaic forum.

o

mourningdove, I have used the clear GE silicone II to glue glass pcs (glass gobs, marbles and beach glass) to a glass light globe to make a gazing balls for the garden. One of them has been outdoors year 'round for almost 10 yrs. No problems with it at all. One of them fell and the glass globe broke but never lost any pcs off of it, the glue acually held the whole thing together even though the globe was shattered underneath.

There may be other glues that work too. That's the only one I've ever tried. Donna

o

Thanks for the input folks. I'm looking forward to a new experience with crystal.

o

MourningDove,

I have done a fair amount of GOG and I found E6000 to work very well. It dries clear and has a great bond. My antique windows hung on the side of my garage for about 4 years and never lost a piece of glass. Since I have moved to Michigan now I don't know as I will hang them outside since we get freezing weather.

E6000 can be found at Wal-marts and all the craft stores. Please post pictures of your finished craft, we love pictures!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here