Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Look what I found!

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

Last Saturday John and I were cleaning up and hauling away "real" junk and we were at the landfill and lo and behold the container we pulled up to had four sets of these metal screens in it!! I nearly did a cartwheel...and that is saying something for me! So, I very cunningly started pulling them out..except two of them decided to slide down too far for me to reach. But my wonderful husband hung over the edge and pulled them out for me. He's wonderful! So we now have 16 metal panels to use....I'm so excited...just had to share it with folks who understand the thrill of the hunt!

{{gwi:138300}}

{{gwi:138301}}

Comments (20)

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You scored big time! I can't wait to see how you use them.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

You're kidding! Someone THREW those AWAY!!! Arrgghhhhh! Thank goodness for GJers! Great save, Marlene & DH! Jeanne S. OMgosh, they will be beautiful for your gardens!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Those are fabulous! At our dump we aren't allowed to remove stuff. Its a pity.
    Can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Kathy

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Are you kidding????? I would have jumped over the edge for those!!!!!
    Marlene what a score, I love it the world is a cleaner place because of us dumpster divers. LOL
    Hugs,
    Carmen

• caroleena
    13 years ago

awesome score! those are full of potential!

• organizedsarah
    13 years ago

Oh how beautiful! And so many useful possibilities! Can't wait to see pics showing what you did with them!

• dollydee
    13 years ago

OMG....those are SOOOOO COOOOL!!!! Way to go girl :)
    Dee

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Marlene, those are beautiful! You were really in the right place at the right time.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I'm Drooling!!!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What an awesome find! Like concreteprimroses, our local dumps don't allow people to take things out but that doesn't seem to stop my husband. lol! When he goes to the dump, he grabs things like broken dishes for me for mosaicing and he once found a good cordless drill that still worked. Isn't it great to have men who will make the extra effort to grab something great? Be sure to show us what you do with them!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

WoooHoooo, what a score! I am looking forward to see what you create with them now!

hugs, Karen

• User
    13 years ago

I'd have been trying to do cartwheels over those. I can't wait to see them when you're finished with them.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

O M G! Marlene, what an awesome find. Kudo's to hubby for dumster diving for you. He's a *Hero* in my book! Can't waut to see what you and John do with them.

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

WOOOOOOW!!! I think I would do whatever it took to get those babies to MY house too! Great score!!! Can't wait to see what ya do with them!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Wow!!!!
    Those are a GREAT find!!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, the funny thing is that you're not suppose to "take" things from the landfill here either, hence the "sneaking"! But, it helps that my husband works for the county too!

I'll post pictures when we "create" with them!

• quidam2
    13 years ago

Yes, my heart just skipped a beat when I saw those! How wonderful!!!

• rafor
    13 years ago

I've just discovered that dumps are great places. We have one of the dump guys keeping his eye out for blue bottles and boy has he delivered! We trade him the codes on the boxes of coke cans and we're both happy.

One time someone had boxes of old antique bottles and he snagged those for me too. I gave some away and kept a whole lot of really interesting ones.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looks like the makings of a nice garden room somewhere on your property! A great find! Jan

• chevy57red
    13 years ago

I think I may have to do some more roadside and landfill searching!! Great finds!!

Sponsored