Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

totems questions

Hi!! this is my first post here, I am usually found over on Computer Help trying to help folks with pc problems. But I recently discovered this forum and have fallen in love with some of the projects here.

So I am trying my hand at some garden totems. I have some questions for those seasoned pros here.

I got the GEsilicone 2 clear like it has been mentioned here, I got some glass items, I have my plan outlined for 2 totems. I am not accustomed to using a caulk gun, how the heck do you make the stuff stop coming out of the tip??? I am losing a lot of my silicone.

2. do you silicone one piece at a time let it dry then add the next piece or can you do say 3 or so pieces together let that dry then continue or do you do the whole thing at once.

3 How long does it take that silicone to dry between the glass?

4 When are they safe to take outside in the elements and know they are "cured"?

5. I have some of the plates or bowls right side up which means they will catch water will that mess anything up, will it cause the caulk to fail? I like the idea of the water so birds could drink and I was also thinking of putting bird seed in one of them, is that ok or will the seed get icky in there when it rains and not a real good way to clean it out since it is glued on?

Ok I know I have more but I don't want to overwhelm on my first post.

Thanks so much for any assistance, and thanks for such an inspirational crafty forum. I already bought my Fleamarket gardens magazine and love it.

I live in the Woodlands area North of Houston so all of my stuff will be in very hot and dry summer temps, pretty mild winter temps.

And if you need any help with your computers or tech items feel free to come holler at me over on Computer Help.

I will post pics of my totems when done.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES