Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
License Plates

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 11 at 18:08

Thanks for the plates I am starting a wall of plates from people on the Garden Junk forum. So far I have Texas, California, Wyoming, and Arizona.
I have not decided what to do with the spares but I will.
Anyone wanting to send plates I will gladly accept them.

Robert

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: License Plates

I love the signs & plates !!!! I wanted to find a railroad crossing sign ( because my DH is an engineer ) but I read that having a real street/railroad sign is illegal . With my luck ......
I'm still looking for one - but it will be hidden in my yard . I hope your wall Grows !!! :)

o

Great idea, Robert! I was saving some of my plates for birdhouse roofs. I always wanted a street sign with my name on it.

o

Love it! I'll poke around in my stash...I'm thinking I have license plates somewhere!

o

Robert, I love your display idea of the lic. plates with the speed limit sign! I sure hope you get a lot more plates from the gang here.

Luna, there is a site you can have a street sign made. I had one done years ago using my show dogs "kennelname'.
Sangaree Road. I'll try to find the site for you, think they sold on eBay and probably still do.

hugs, Karen

o

You're off to a very good start there! My hubby has a sort of license plate collection too, but he would love that one with the cowboy! His are just local ones.

o

Mailed it off today, Robert! The gal said it could get there in 5 biz days! I'm on the look out for a 1963 one(same yr as me!lol!), if anyone was thinking of passing one my way....

o
RE: License Plates - Virginia

Virginia is on the wall - thanks Marlene

o

Got any more yet Robert?hint hint....

o

Robert,
I am so sorry it has taken me so long. I just packed them up to mail on Monday. I put an extra one in in case you get a chance to trade with another collector.
Can't wait to see pics when you have a bunch more up!
Kathy

o

I love this idea and I also love the gal who makes signs out of them by cutting letters out! What a great recyle job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here