Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something I've always wanted...

Posted by doodys 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 18:37

Just had to show the vintage metal chairs I found and loved the bright red color.It made my day...and only fifty dollars for them both....Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something I've always wanted...

Lucky you. I'd love to have some of those, too, but I've seen them here for $100 or more each and they were all rusty.

o

Lucky you. I love vintage spring chairs.

o

They look FABULOUS in your garden setting there, doodys! Great buy! One you'll enjoy for yrs! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Lovely chairs! I wonder if those chairs are more common in certain areas of the country. I live in Washington state now, and never see them anywhere around here. I used to see them when we lived in the south (Georgia and Alabama). I love em! Do you think they're a regional thing?

o

I love them too. Red is particularly nice in my opinion!
Kathy

o

Prestonsnana, maybe they'd rust out too much in Washington to be popular there. I remember seeing them everywhere around Wisconsin when I was a kid. Very pretty red and that is a decent price for them. They were always fun to rock back and forth although they got hotter than heck in the summer sun! Around here, aqua was a popular color in these chairs.

o

ABSOLUTELY LOVE your chairs!!!! I collect old, metal chairs. These are two I bought at a garage sale for $5 a piece! The lady who sold them said I would want to paint them a more pleasing color! I love the colors! Left them and use them sooo much! :o) Thanks for sharing your beautiful chairs! Bear Hugs! Kirk

chairs

o

We had them in the South, but with our humidity they
rusted and in a few years, if not diligently cared for,
would rust through.

o

LOVE your new chairs....love the rocking/bobbing type the best! Great find for you!

o

I love those chairs. They remind me of when I was a kid going to my Grandma's for summer

o

I love those and they are so pretty in your yard. I see the reproductions ever so often, but not the vintage. I think rusting was really a big problem. I have a vintage glider and chairs and I have to prep and paint them almost every other year, but I love them.
Frou

o

Love this type of chairs. I also collect them. I have about 5 so far and a metal glider. They do seem to be more available in the South. I remember my grandparents had several metal chairs and we would all sit out in the backyard and visit. Ahhhhhhhhhhh the good old days! I love the red!

o

The red looks wonderful with the fence color & greenery of shrubs. In So. Dak. I remember a light turquoise color & yellow,occasionally ,Christmas green color. I like the red!! Jan

o

I love the chairs, but that's a really cool looking table between them too. Was it made from recycled materials?

o

I love them but they burn your BUTT irght off in Florida! I REALLY REALLY want an antique glider,couch size oh yeah.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here