Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Curbside find! Lattice panel -

mangomoon
12 years ago

I found this today on the curb. The posts appear to never have been in the ground, but since I did not know the neighbor that tossed it to the curb, I have no idea how they propped it up. I would like to use it in my patio area for a little privacy. Any clue how I can attractively set it, without making it a permanent structure? I would like to take it with me if I should move. Thanks!

{{gwi:138703}}

Comments (12)

• tehuti
    12 years ago

I want to move! Where do all you guys find this stuff?

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOOHOO for you! Great find! And it seems like it's in perfect condition too....don't you love that?

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

My goodness, I agree with r murray. Where do you live? I never see ANYTHING like that good in my neighborhood!!!! Everything I see is REAL junk, good only for the trash.
    What a find!! It will certainly make a nice little area for a little privacy.

• mangomoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Central California. I have seen these priced $80 and upwards at Home Depot.

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

Great find, good for you!!!
    I can see putting each end in a nice size terrecotta pot with the pot full of flowers, that would give it the support it needs and make it really interesting.
    TFS, carmen

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Great find, agree that getting some nice matching terracotta pots is the best temporary set up. Grow some vines in the pots and it all works.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Could put a couple of rebar in the ground & some coated wire to hold the lattice panel to it. I had to anchor my arbor that way, I only pound it in ground about a foot & wired it about 1 -18 in. off ground so with the rebar same Hunter green as arbor & green coated wire it hardly shows but it never flips over anymore! Paint your rebar with Krylon "Clay" color & I think it will match,so 2-3 ft pieces of rebar would be plenty in case it is even more windy than our weather, 1 for each corner where hinges are. Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I agree with Jan, I'd use rebar to prop it up. You could even put the rebar through some pots and have it as added support to the panels.

What an awesome find! I really need to take the seats out of my van so I can fit bigger things like this in it. Although if my husband is along, he always keeps nylon straps in the van so we can attach these type of things to the luggage rack on the roof of the van. I'm lucky to have a dumpster diver/curb shopper for a husband! Great job getting this one!

• quidam2
    12 years ago

Wow what a great find!!! California...the land of plenty! lol It is going to look great in your yard!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Nice find!
    Rebar, metal fence posts, any kind of 'pipe'
    as in conduit, galvanized etc. painted to match
    could keep it from falling over. Maybe you
    will see some of those things on the curb!

• TwoMonths
    12 years ago

it appears to be a screen to hide a central achc unit or to hide trash cans. It probably did not fit and they do not return items to the store. congrats.

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

Luna,
    "I'm lucky to have a dumpster diver/curb shopper for a husband!"
    MEEE TOOO!!!! My HD reminds me of a cat he comes home with treasures for me.
    I just bought a metal arbor at a YS for 5$ can't wait to set it up.
    Hugs, Carmen