Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cnm1

glass flowers

cnm1
11 years ago

Thanks to all the great ideas that I found on this site - I have made my 1st glass flowers. I am very happy with them

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/cnm55/

Comments (10)

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

Great looking plate flowers ! I'll warn you - you'll never look at plates the same way again. When you see dishes ,in your mind you'll be thinking of which plates fit together , which colors match,
    what would make a good center ...... LOL
    It's an addiction !!!!!

• cnm1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Boy - do I know that. My dining room is now filled with plates I found in the attic or picked up at a thrift store!!! I love it!! I drilled these and used screws. I haven't covered the screws yet - I am thinking of using thimbles. I also plan to try spoons, hockey pucks, bottles, glue - see what happens. Cheap, fun and pretty.
    I still can not figure out how to post photos directly. Every time I tried I get a warning that the post is too large.

• marylee_2010
    11 years ago

Your plate flowers are lovely. I hope you will show us the other things when you make them. I am not really very good at posting pictures, but I am sure that one of the ladies here on the forum will talk you through it.
    Marylee

• concretenprimroses
    11 years ago

They are beautiful! The circle design on your pretty blue pot seems to be a representation of a plate flower too!
    Someday I may learn to drill the dishes. For now its silicone. Welcome to the addiction, as Kathy says.
    Kathy

• mommyandme2
    11 years ago

Very pretty. What are you using for stems ? - Laura

• azcactusflower
    11 years ago

Aren't these flowers fun to make? Yours are absolutely gorgeous! My favorite is the blue one. They attract the eye in the garden don't they. As tomuchglass said, you'll never look at another beautiful plate without thinking,"How would that look as a flower?" They are addictive but soooooo much fun. Thanks for sharing your creations, that is where all of us get inspiration, from each other.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Great job! Your plate flowers look beautiful! And yes, they are addicting, so be warned !

• cnm1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone - you are only encouraging this new addiction!!! The stems are an old galzanized pipe a friend had in her garage. I am also thinking of golf clubs and the straight part of old metal crutches. I bought some copper pipe for future use but it is pricey and I would really like to focus on recycling stuff. I do love the look of rebar though and a friend gave me a hockey puck - which made so excited I almost went into spasms :)
    I am not working on my birthday next week and what are my plans - Unique thrift store on its 50% off day!!! Woohoo!!

• nonacook
    11 years ago

I thought I had posted before but looking back
    I see that I didn't. Of course, I love the blue one, but that clear one with the
    beautifully shaped green in the middle is really pretty.
    My birthday is next week too but you have a gift I don't!
    A 50% off day at the thrift shop-LOL

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

HAhahaha `~~~ You ARE ofically HOOKED !

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm