Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tehuti

shrooms updated

tehuti
15 years ago

Just finished this graphic in case someone can use it.

Robert

{{gwi:136529}}

Comments (13)

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

What a great idea, thanks so much for sharing this. I've been wanting some homemade mushrooms for the garden areas I have. This will work perfectly.

Sal

• dkline_2008
    15 years ago

Those are cute. Your a very creative person. They look like they were easy to make. I havent tackled anything with cement but have been thinking of trying something. Just have too much going on right now. Too many projects...not enough time.
    Deb

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Terrific graphic, Robert. And your mushrooms look so natural. I love them.
    Thank you so much for the help.

hugs, Karen

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

Thanks Robert! You are such an asset to this forum. I really appreciate your abilities and talents...especially your willingness to share them!

~~Mimi

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Thank you, Robert! What a great graphic. You make it look so easy! I love your mushrooms, and they'd look perfect in anyone's garden.

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info!!!

• lisatx04
    15 years ago

What kind of paper tube did you use? I am having a problem when I get to the tube-you filled it and then pulled it away when dry? (Not a very creative person, but am trying!)

Did you use regular cement? If not, what did you use?

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Gosh, Robert, you aren't only good with metal, you are great at drawing too! Thank so much for the instructions. I am saving them in my "clippings."

• tehuti
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lisatx04
    What kind of paper tube did you use?
    ----I used the center tube from a roll of paper towels.
    I am having a problem when I get to the tube-you filled it and then pulled it away when dry? (Not a very creative person, but am trying!)
    ----When the project is dry put it in a bucket of water after awhile the paper tube will be so sofyt it will be easy to remove.
    Did you use regular cement? If not, what did you use?
    ----I like to use 1 part portland cement, 1 part sand, and 4 parts vermiculite.

Robert

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Robert I agree you are a wonderful asset to our little junk family!! Thanks for taking the time to post all this help for us. I have saved the photo for later.

• doone
    15 years ago

Oh, wow! Those are so cool. Great job! I've seen other shrooms on this site..these look the best!!! Thanks for sharing!!

• huntermom
    15 years ago

Great shrooms. I make them also, I've used sno cone type paper cups, dug holes in the ground and spoon out the dirt in a mushroom shape, can also put sand in container, wet it like sand castle consistency and scoop out the shape you want. Use tar paper (roofing paper) for your base. Have pix on photobucket, but can't figure out how to put in link :(

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Robert - Thanks for the great graphic instructions... I may take a stab at some of these...right now I'm doing some of those "rock faces" posted by another GJ'r on this site...this concrete stuff could be habit forming! I enjoy all your postings...and humor! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler