Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy news!

Posted by kirkus 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 19:21

I can now share this as it is official. (I have known this news for a few weeks but wanted to wait until all was truly happening.) I am dancing all over the place with excitement!!!! Old House Journal contacted me, asking me to use my screen door trellis for an article. They saw my trellis here on Garden Junk forum. The magazine (printed and on-line) is paying me to share my trellis photo and the steps in making the trellis. I have been working with the editor to write the article. I just LOVE sharing about thrifting ideas! Here is a recent article from such a great magazine, Old House Journal. http://www.oldhouseonline.com/turn-vintage-cabinet-knobs-hooks/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy news!

This is the trellis...

o

Way to go!! Glad they looked in on our Junk forum & spotted your lovely screen door. Nice to see it again too as lot of new folks have come on so they get to see it too! Jan

o

This is wonderful news. Your trellis is darling. It is always good to promote our love for garden junk. Please let us know when the magazine will be out.

o

I agree...you have wonderful news. It is very exciting to have created something that others admire and appreciate and be asked to furnish directions so others can enjoy a trellis like yours. Marylee

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 7:25

WOW WOW WOW - that is really exciting!!!!!

o

Congratulations! That is fantastic!
Your garden junk is always so well put together and lovely, I'm not surprised that they got in touch with you!
Kathy

o

Great news! So excited for you! I would be doing a happy dance too! Nice to know that garden junk is being appreciated for its beauty and how "green" it is; everything is game to being reused in a garden.
Carol

o

Congratulations, It is very nice! Love the color.

o

Your trellis is one of my favorites Kirk! Love the door and the color really pops in your garden! Congratulations on having it published...way to go!

o

Your trellis is beautiful and I'm very happy that this will be shared beyond GW. Congratulations!

o

Have they seen your potting bench? I bet they would want to put it on the cover it's so beautiful.
Great news for you on the trellis! You could fill a whole issue with all your great projects.

o

How exciting. Ill be watching....please keep us posted. All your work is deserving of the honor and they have selected a very pretty piece to feature.

o

Exciting news! Congrats. I'm sure they will fall in love with your potting bench too.

o

Congrats! If they haven't seen your potting bench yet you really should point it out.

o

CONGRATULATIONS, KIRK!! Nobody deserves it more than you do. I love the trellis!

o

Congrats Kirk.Hope you get more offers from them.You do great things.
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here