Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chelcass

Latest yard sale finds

chelcass
13 years ago

It was a ugly day yesterday, cold rainy and the City was having their Spring Fling. Sigh! 4 people of the 30 who signed up showed up. What a shame. Anyway hubby and I took the day off and went yard saleing. A few were not open because of the rain but a lot were and we found some treasures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yard Sale Finds

Comments (13)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Chelcass, you got some wonderful bargains. They are all treasures. - Marylee

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Those bell jars are the BEST! How will you use them? Wow! Great GS'ing! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Amazing finds. The bell jars I can't even fathom finding at a yard sale. And I love the little teapot and cup in the first picture.
    Congratulations!
    Kathy

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

LOVE those teapots!!! And the bell jars are a FIND. Lots of projects in your future. You had lots of luck in spite of the bad weather. Thanks for letting us see them.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Wonderful finds....the glass flower in the 3rd pics looks exactly like the one I sent you in your SF package. Great...and now you have 2!!

• chelcass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Those Bell jars were a steal, the largest one was a dollar, the next size 50 cents and the little one a quarter. Happy Sigh! The mini tea pots were 10 cents a piece. The six glass mini bottles have Hawaiian sand in them...........lol
    These items were just a few of the many wonderful buys we found. I love metal leaves and one guy had a set of 4 for a dollar plus he had a set of three seagulls for a dollar. I thought the parrots were a *hoot* and had to buy them, also a dollar for the pair.

OldCrafty you are right the glass flower is identical to the one you sent me. I hope to find more as I just love them and they will look great on my shed wall.

I don't know what I am going to do with the Bells, they were just too pretty to pass up.

ChelCass

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You and DH found some wonderful treasures! Glad you got to go and have a good time even in the rain! Love the bell jars, the parrots, and all of your teapots!

• sundrops
    13 years ago

Those glass bell jars are not bell jars. They are cloches and are for gardening. They are very hard to find and then VERY expensive when you do find them. I would do an internet search to find out their value. I would say they were your best find. I would LOVE to have them.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

chelcass...here's a link where Purplemoon posted "cloches" used in decorating (not just gardening as stated above)...you might enjoy looking! Anyway, "cloche" or "bell jar"...you got a steal...& they're heavy duty enough to be outdoors in decor or in starting plants. Have fun...enjoy your "steal!" Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cloche and Apothecary Decorating Album

• chelcass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok I did some research and this is what I found.
    Cloche is French for Bell. So we are all right. My cloches are very heavy and have a pale green tint to them so mine are more for Plants as Sundrops suggested. A lighter weight cloche is used as Jeanne suggests. I believe mine might be quite old as there are air bubbles in the glass.

The largest one prices out at 80.00, the next size 70.00 and the smallest one about 30.00........and I got all three for 1.75.........ohhhhhhhhhhhh this never happens to me. I can't wait to tell my DH!

Thanks Ladies I appreciate your help. :)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

WHOOPEEEEE, Chelcass! You did good, girl! LOL! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I thought those cloches were a great find! You know, I often see the glass candle holders that are bell shaped like that. They fit in a metal stand. I bet using them as a cloche would be a good idea. I love that glass flower and the teapots. Great finds!

• BlueSempervivum
    12 years ago

Good for you, Chelcass - that's why we junque!