Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catalinagrey

Going Crazy! This is supposed to be fun right?

catalinagrey
14 years ago

So, in the last 4 days I have made 30 plate flowers, 3 bird baths, 19 cement mushrooms, 1 clay pot lighthouse, varnished and sanded a wooden bridge, painted (3 coats) 10 clay pots and made 7 tea cup luminaries.

Whew! Still having fun though!

Comments (16)

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

WOW! I will be expecting some updated photos (when you find time). What are the tea cup luminaries? I have acquired several tea cups for crafts and no one seems to like the birdfeeders around here.

• catalinagrey
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes - pics coming soon.

I just put a candle in the tea cup instead of bird seed.

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

Are you kidding me???! What are you on? hee hee. Have you had any sleep at all.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

So your sale must be soon!! Good Luck!! Get some sleep!! You are supposed to spread these things out.LOL JAN

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I didn't think there was enough hours even in 4 days to
    make that much stuff-LOL
    Good for you!!!!!

• grandmathyme
    14 years ago

Wow! That's a LOT done in just 4 days! Hope you have GREAT luck at your sale...seems you've earned it! And, YES, we need PICS when you get a chance!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

OMGosh!! You win the award for the busiest Garden Junker ever! WOW! Can't believe all you've been doing...I agree, pictures are a necessity for proper ooohing and aahhing!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

OK, catalina...send some of that energy from Up North to Iowa (here)...I'm in need & looks like you've got plenty! LOL! Lookin' forward to pics! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I'm just tired reading about it. I think I'll go take a nap now. he-he Be sure to post pictures!

• catalinagrey
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Uh oh - It was 50% off day at GW. I only spent $18, but I came home with a huge box! So I made 5 more bird baths and 8 more small luminaries. Ummmmmm but I kind of want to keep everything I'm making! They are so pretty!
    The sale is on Sat., so I only have a few more days to make things.
    Oh yeah and I was given 30 new small clay pots today, so I was busy priming them too.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

OMG ........ you need a 12 step program ! ROFL !!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

You are amazing. What a woman!
    Can't wait to see pics. Would you be willing to share prices too? I need to get rid of some of my glass to make way for mosaic supplies. So I want to make a bunch of plate flowers and try to sell them.
    Kathy

• catalinagrey
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ooooo the sale is this Sat. I'm getting nervous!
    I made some more birdbaths, flowers, clay pots, painted some wooden garden totes, painted more clay pots, painted some rocks, painted some mushrooms, made a blue lighthouse, made some wooden plant labels, painted some plates, made clay pot "bells" TODAY BEFORE WORK. :O

I was sooooo happy to go to work were I can relax.
    Oh yeah and I mowed the lawn.

I'm having trouble pricing things too. I want to at least get my materials back, but not price them too high and not sell any. Soooooo I'll let you know when I price them. Probably at midnight tonight or tomorrow evening after I get off of work. *whew* I'm getting a little tired.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• catalinagrey
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey all! The plant sale was great - we sold out of 95% of the started plants by 10:30. We opened at 8, so they went fast!
    I sold a little bit of everything - a few glass flowers, one bird bath, some mushrooms, some painted pots - the painted rocks, plant markers and tea cup luminaries were the most popular items. I sold a lot of those.
    I priced the plate flowers from $10 to $25 dollars. They were more expensive if I really liked them and wanted to keep them - LOL! The $10 ones sold fast.
    Next year we plan on advertising a little more, but we couldn't have handled any more customers this year.
    It was so windy too! A shelf blew over and broke some of my painted pots :( 5 of our 6 signs blew away too. Oops!

• jwahlton
    12 years ago

How do you make luminaries?

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Glad to hear it went well! Thanks for the pricing info.
    Kathy