Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcome to Our Coop

Posted by janetgia 5b IA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 21:51

Here's a fun little picture from our old house. This area was at the foot of our front steps. (They are out of frame. The steps in the background actually go up to the deck.) The wire chicken was a Mother's Day gift about 10 years ago. Looks like she's holding a potted sweet potato vine. She's set in front of an old wooden chicken coop that was a junking find. I made the little Welcome sign; looks like potted mums in front of her. And, sticking up behind the chicken coop, those are my nemesis: silver maple tree shoots. The original silver maple tree was planted on the other side of the property. Its roots rambled just under and sometimes on top of the surface for yards and yards, sending up shoots every several feet. I battled them constantly, always trying to keep them clipped back, which of course only strengthened their resolve. I miss the gardening spaces at this house, but not the silver maples! Still have the wire chicken - she's getting a new paint job this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcome to Our Coop

She looks like she means business, guarding the "coop" Lovely coloring with the yellow flowers & green at back!! Nice pic! TFS Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here