Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurastheme

New garden items

laurastheme
12 years ago

Here are some of my newest garden art items that I have posted on epsy. The first one is a solar light. The fifth is a candy dish or it could be used for jewelry or.......(?)

The fourth is a flower to hang on the wall.

{{gwi:139790}}

{{gwi:139791}}

{{gwi:139792}}

{{gwi:139793}}

{{gwi:139794}}

{{gwi:139795}}

Comments (17)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Lovely, be sure to let us know how you do on Etsy.
    Kathy

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Those are really neat. I love them. - Marylee

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Cool...love the solar lights! You've been busy!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

More beautiful glass projects! Again for me, that lovely wallflower! TFS! Jeanne S.

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

Again, beautiful work. Love the solar light, it is really pretty.

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks to all of you. So far I've only sold one item on etsy. I know it takes time so I'm trying to not get discouraged. It also takes LOTS of promotion. I created a blog a few days ago with a link to my etsy shop. Just have a couple posts on it so far but plan to post at least 4 times a week. Hope to start a facebook page sometime in the next few days. If any of you have more ideas please let me know. In the last 16 months my husband and I combined have had 5 surgeries and I'm in a year long cancer treatment so the med bills have soared. I want this to be a business as well as a fun hobby.
    All of you here are so great. Always encouraging no matter what. I feel like I'm in the midst of friends.

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

So sorry to hear about your health problems. Yes those hospital bills mount up like crazy. I hope and pray that you and your hubby will recover your health. Your yard art is so beautiful that I'm sure they will sell as soon as people are aware of your etsy shop. These creations that junkers make are so unique and one of a kind, people notice and like them. Lots of love and smiles.

• jwahlton
    12 years ago

What's your Etsy name? I like buying on there

• sweet_melissa
    12 years ago

My advice would be to post often on the Etsy blogs, relist items often, and post a link to your etsy page on every site you post on including this one :) You could also add a link on all of your emails as well. I look forward to checking out your shop!

Good Luck!!!!!!

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My etsy shop is http://www.etsy.com/shop/RecycleRoom

I've only put it on here one other time when asked. I wasn't sure I should or if it would be considered spam.

melissa, I either list or relist items every day or 2. I hadn't thought of a link on my emails. I'll certainly do that. Do you have an etsy shop?

My blog is http://daydreamsdustbunnies.blogspot.com
    Gotta get a tutorial on there tomorrow or the next day. This has been a really busy week.

• sweet_melissa
    12 years ago

I did have a shop(jewelry) a couple of years ago, but I had a little one and found I didn't have enough time to devote to it. I am now a devoted buyer :)

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I "liked" you on my Facebook page and encouraged my friends to check out your Etsy shop. You have some gorgeous things!

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you SO much, lena! The people on here are awesome!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Laura, your things are wonderful and I hope you do well on Etsy. I frequently shop there myself, but sooooo many things to go thru. LOL. I've got you bookmarked now to find easily.

I am deeply sorry at all you and your DH are going thru. I will keep both of you in my prayers and send good thoughts for healing.

hugs, Karen

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

I like the 1st pc, I am on a solar light kick right now! May You and Hubby have a great rest of the year>healing!!!

• jlily
    12 years ago

All of your items are lovely-I don't know why they wouldn't sell. I am a survivor ! So let me offer you hope. (this July will be 2 years for me) JLILY

• laurastheme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Karen, calamity and lily. I'm doing OK. I had Paget's disease, which is a very rare disease of the breast. There is sometimes an underlying cancer. Only one cancer cell was found in the tissue, but it was aggressive. I had a choice to have chemo or not. I chose not, but I was put on an intravenous drug called herceptin for a year. It only targets the cancer cells. Not as brutal as chemo.

My mother had cancer 3 times and died of old age at 99.

Sponsored