Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dollydee_gw

My recent projects

dollydee
12 years ago

Sorry I haven't been around much, I see from the posts, I've got some catching up to do :)

I've been busy packing for the move, had a 2 day yard sale & did my first craft show...netted over $1000 between the 2, so not too bad. Show was a small one, good for me to do a test run. Items were a big hit! Geez, it's a lot of work though!!! Sold 5-6 pieces, but that's okay, I now have lots to fill up the new space..haha Here are some photos of the plate flowers and totems:

{{gwi:139967}}

{{gwi:139968}}

{{gwi:139969}}

{{gwi:139970}}

{{gwi:139971}}

{{gwi:139972}}

{{gwi:139974}}

{{gwi:139975}}

{{gwi:139976}}

{{gwi:139977}}

{{gwi:139978}}

{{gwi:139979}}

{{gwi:139980}}

{{gwi:139981}}

{{gwi:139982}}

Comments (15)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

So much beautiful glass & pottery. I love that bunny on top of the 1. The flower plates are lovely. I love all the different colors you have managed to get. Glad you did well at your sales! Hope you have a yard at your next place so you can display some of your lovely things! Jan

• azcactusflower
    12 years ago

OMG you have been busy!!! All of your creations are absolutely beautiful. I love the color combinations!!! So glad you did good at your yardsale and art sale. I can certainly see why your items were a big hit. Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your pics.

• greensuzq2
    12 years ago

WOW I love them all, but I always have. I haven't been here much this year, but still love everything I have learned here. Didn't know you were moving. Love your house and pics.

DollyDee, not sure if I put my user name on Christmas exchange (think I forgot), but I see something I sent you. I only know because my first plateflower sale came from that same (type) plate. A lady came by and said "I can't believe you did that to that plate." They have a $20 value per plate, according to Ebay, etc. LOL I had bought a complete 8 place setting at an excellent price and didn't even know it. But, they sure are beautiful.

Have a Great Day!
    GreenSuzq

• debrann
    12 years ago

How do you get the plates to stick to the posts? I've been trying to make one of these but I can't figure out how to get them on the post.
    Thanks, Have a great day,
    Debra

• dollydee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

GreenSuzq....thanks again for all the great items from the Secret Santa! As you can see, I LOVE blue plates and have quite the collection! I have a few like the one you sent, and am saving most of those for the new garden, as well as my pretty pink flower you made me! I have made bird feeders out of the cup saucer sets you sent and can't wait to use those also :)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOW Dolly....you HAVE been busy! Can't believe you got all of these things made AND you're packing to move! I'm tired just thinking about it all. BEAUTIFUL creations! Love the red "vases" on the totems! And I see why you sold so many items...great job and thanks so much for the inspiration.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Can't believe you've done all this AND are packed to move! WOW! You are one busy woman! Congrats on both! I esp love the "pottery" totems w/all the bright Springy colors! And you've found & put tog some wonderful glass for your flowes! Sounds like great sales & yes, I'm with you in re to the work involved packing & unpacking for a craft show! LOL!

Can't wait to see your flowers "bloom" at your new place! Have fun! Keep sharing when you can! Jeanne S.
    (that purple flower plate... with all the layered pcs on top... caught my eye!) Beautiful work!

• greensuzq2
    12 years ago

I can't believe you moved. The first time I got on here I came across pictures of your yard and porch. I fell in love with totems and plate flowers. You and my mother n law started a new love for me. I have already put our many of them I made last year.

A couple of weeks ago I went with my inlaws to some antique stores and found a great chandelier (cheap of course). I will post a pic in a couple of days. I turned it into a solar light chandy and love it.

I love everything I see here. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather in your neck of the country.

Have A Great Day!

GreenSuzq

• dollydee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Suzq...we love this old house, but the older kids are grown & gone, & just too much house for the 3 of us now. Plus expenses are way too high, $2000 property taxes, extreme utility bills, etc. I inherited some family land in the country, so we are headed there. Can't wait to be out of the city, ready to be back where I grew up in peace & quiet!

Dee

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

so many beautiful things, its overwhelming!

the blue teapot totem and the purple plate flower are the bomb!

I'm generally to lazy to bring things in for the winter, but your lovely upturned plate pieces have me tempted.

Would you mind sharing your prices? I'd love some ideas/guidelines as i'm considering selling a few plate flowers, and maybe some small (on bottle or vase) totems.

tia
    Kathy

• jlily
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL, beautiful, beautiful!! What a display!! Thank you for sharing. Jlily

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

WOW! You've been super busy! They're beautiful! Glad you did well with sales.

• quidam2
    12 years ago

Your projects are beautiful! I especially like the plate flowers---they are gorgeous. I know you will sell lots more in the future, if you wish to do it.

Smile!---Sheri

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Gorgeous stuff! I can see what you did well at your sale. I really love the amber and purple plate flowers and all your totems. The man and lady are too cute too. I'm glad you were able to part with some of those pretty blue plates in my Spring Fling box too!

• Naomi Miller
    12 years ago

Your things are absolutely gorgeous..... I am so envious of the beautiful things you guys find in the way of glass....I can not seem to find anything but clear cut glass items; no pretty colors, no interesting prints..just blah blah and more blah, lol..... I do have the exact same Mr and Mrs coffee cup set that you have in your totems.... I hope you get a good price for them because they are no less than 50 years old; mine were my mother's and she had them before she had me, lol...so I can honestly say , atleast 50 years old...... thanks for sharing your beauties