Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free chairs

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 23:36

I got these 7 chairs for free last week. Two don't have backs but all are quite sturdy. Do I need to sand before painting? Thoughts besides planters?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free chairs

Love the front far left 1 & probably 1 beside it & paint them pretty color & use as chairs in garden or on patio. Round table between them & all set for conversation with a friend! 1 without back could be painted up & near that setting with a plant on it. Need extra chairs on patio? Paint up other ones & sell them if you don't have a use for them. Price was right & you could do a little work prettying them up & sell what you don't need. Great find! Oh, if shiny at all sand them. Jan

o

Looks like they would need some roughed-up sanding for paint to stick. If you don't want to keep them all as chairs, take a few apart ...there's lots of wonderful 'spindles'(backs & legs) to be used in projects! Jeanne S.

o

I made a garden lady out of an old chair years ago. We enjoyed it very much. A neighbor always said she waved at him every day. I might do that again? I am feeling crafty-- ENJOY!! Jlily

o

I would do this type of multi color painting on them, they sell really well.

Here is a link that might be useful: painting

o

Great score! I wonder if you might take a couple of chairs and cut a hole in the seat to insert a flower pot? Those seem to be real popular when a growing plant is inserted.

o

how about a wall shelf for the ones without backs? Attach inside or out...

o

I know this is a long link but it shows hundreds of ideas. I like the shelf made with the back of the chair and part of the seat. You definately have an awesome find!

http://www.google.com/search?q=ideas+for+old+chairs&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=bIx-UbmEFbW34APtvoGgCQ&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=843

o

the swings made from the old chairs are awesome!

o

I use a backless one in the flower bed with a large ceramic flower pot base on it for a birdbath. It is the one the birds love best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here