Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reindeer

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 23:40

I'm buying two of these for $5, taking off the lights, and putting in the garden. Good idea? I see garden junk in everything. Almost scored a baker's rack for $5 a few weeks ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reindeer

I have a family of similar deer. I also have cast of angels and a moose. They both have vines trained on them. Nothing better than an angel with a green leafy skirt or a moose with flowers in his antlers!!

o

Would sweet pea vine be appropriate? I am thinking they probably cannot handle too much weight.

o

I have decided to touch up the white paint on my deer and paint the antlers silver to add a little bling. I will post a photo when completed and placed in the garden.

o

I've seen them covered with moss and used as a topiary or, like the others have said with vines trained on them as well. Good score!

o

We painted the moose brown..I pinned the legs down with bent re-bar--sort of like a hair pin deep in the ground. So far the clematis vine and wild maple vines are not too much for it. My deer are brown, we cut the lights off and they just live among the hosta. The vines on the angels are a wild maple vine/weed. I weave them in and around the skirt. I keep them from the wings or head....

o

arcy: Would love to see a picture of your moose. Here are two of mine that I have rewired a few times and perhaps this will be the first year to stop. I love it when it used to light up since they are great ourdoor night lights. I never thought about having anything grow on it, of coarse they may not get enough sun. I read somewhere that you can wrap the deer in chicken wire then cover with hypertufa,,,,,,,sounds great to me.

o

Completed.

o

Completed deer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here