Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
patriotic summer decorating?

Posted by caroleena Z8 (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 0:29

in the past we have had some great patriotic porch and yard decor. i want to do it again this year but want something different. one thing i want to do is a red white and blue totem. i also have some red star ornaments i want to use. just got to pull it all together. any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: patriotic summer decorating?

Here is the one I made last year for the Fourth. It broke in half over the winter right at the bottom of the red striped. Fortunately nothing broke so I can repair it.

Kathy

Photobucket

o

Here are my red, white and blue totems from last year.
Frou
Photobucket

o

Those are some pretty patriotic totems! Maybe some patriotic plate flowers--on wall or yard?

o

Love it...With all this rain it makes me feel good looking at them...

o

omg! those are gorgeous. i had a blue but it was my first. water got in it and it froze and broke. gotta go to dollar and TS this week. i love those totems!

o

looking through the inspiration album. i have a screen and this is so cute! do y'all think
i could use acrylic paints?
Flag Screen by sweets

o

Its worth a try. Some acrylic paints last out side and toehrs dont. If you are putting it on your porch that could make a difference.
You could try and if it fades, repaint. I have some rocks I painted with regular craft paint that have lasted outside.
Kathy

o

I posted this a few yrs ago...painted a pc of old barnwood w/shades of blue...added those "glow-in-the'dark" stars & such ...& put a wire hanger on the back...for in the gardens...the stars did shine in the dark for quite some time! Jeanne S.

Garden Junk

o

Patio or Folk Art Outdoor craft paints will work. I painted paver ladybug & she still looks great been 2 yrs I think! Jan

o

My Patriotic Totem
Patriotic Totem

My Tipsy Pots I decorate for holidays and the seasons with silk florals.

front Tipsy Pots for 4th

And I'm adding the link to our GJ Patriotic and Holiday Inspiration Album.
hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Patriotic and Holiday Album

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here