Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
coffee mugs and more coffee mugs

Posted by purplemoon z9 Phoenix (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 11 at 0:29

Well, they are pretty cheap to find...LOL...
and why not have a fence and shed with coffee mugs everywhere!
Pretty unique idea I think.

Photobucket

hugs, Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: coffee mugs and more coffee mugs

Definitely unique and time consuming!!

o

That would just be way too tempting for target practice! ;-)

o

I had to laugh--
Bill had a LOT of mugs, and drank a lot of coffee--
since I don't drink coffee, I use a glass mug for my tea. I will have to figure out a slightly smaller something to make to use Bill's mugs. Didn't know what to do before this
photo!

o

Oh gosh! LOL! I don't know, purplemoon...
The owner of this place may feel like he's having a Deja Brew: The feeling that you've had this coffee before. Target practice would be a great temptation, marlene! LOL! Jeanne S.

o

omg. see i have no imagination....i'd have NEVER thought of this. our Mayor would have to be sedated!!!!

o

I'm at a loss for words, hmmmmmm...........
Frou

o

Karen, that is truly amazing. Can you even imagine thinking of doing something like that? I wonder what other creative ideas are being worked on.
Marylee

o

How on earth do they keep water and gunk out of them. In Texas I see a mosquito breeding ground right along with target practice! But gotta admit a unique way to make a "different" kind of statement!

o

I've seen this done with beer cans but coffee mugs is new. I think I like the mugs better. TFS

o

Oh my! I don't know what to say! Wasps, spiders, mosquitoes, snakes and dust are the first things that come to mind! (but then living on a dirt rd in FL will do that to 'ya, lol)

Really unique. It's done really well. I like the way it makes the house look like a log cabin. I wonder where it's at. Did they really collect that many cups or did they just happen to stumble upon thousands of coffee mugs :) ??? Do you think they leave it up year round like that?

o

I like it tho I can't imagine doing it. Just goes to show that repeating a motif A LOT can create an interesting result. 20 mugs would have looked like mugs on the wall, but 2,000 or 20,000 - a whole other thing.
Yikes, do you really think snakes will like them?
Kathy

o

Some of you guys had me cracking up...
Marlene, your first thought was target practice! LOL. And I thought I knew you well, Girl. Apparently not. ;o)
Same with you, Jeanne, for being tempted as well.

Caroleena, your Mayor would need sedating? LOL, love it.

As for "Wasps, spiders, mosquitoes, snakes and dust"...as pretty as this place is, I have a feeling the owner either doesn't have much problem with them or has a way to take of it. Considering the number of cups, I imagine a lot were 'donated' and rest bought at thrift stores for a quarter each. And over a long period of time. This is some SERIOUS mug collecting. However, if you drink that much coffee, you'd WHIZZ right thru building this. LOL

Nona, I bet you could find something neat to do with Bill's mugs! That would be a wonderful project for your garden.

hugs, Karen

o

This is cool!!!

o

I always see so many mugs at thrift stores that go unwanted because they aren't a part of a set or have some company's logo on them. This is a great way to repurpose them, that's for sure. I like it in an odd, weird sort of way.

Me? I'd rather break 'em up (maybe after target practice?) and mosaic a concrete or block wall with them (would deter the bugs from making a home in them). Kind of like this guy did with his house in Wisconsin.

Grandview's Farmhosue

o

OMG that is a beautiful house, tfs luna!
The flowers look so pretty with it.
I wonder how a mug covered dog house would look...
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here