Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Another Painted Pot

lindasewandsew
14 years ago

Found this hose pot at TS last week for $7 and of course, had to paint it, lol. I don't care to have one more way to tie my hose in knots, so it's planted. Linda

{{gwi:140385}}

{{gwi:140386}}

Comments (22)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

That turned out so pretty! Looks great planted. You're tempting me to dump my hose out of mine, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Love the design on that! It looks beautiful with the succulents. TFS!

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

That looks WONDERFUL... Love the way you came back w/ the black to highlight the texture of it... it's just soooo succulent..LOL....Judy

• cait1
    14 years ago

GAWJUS!!!!! The succs look great with that color - makes 'em POP!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Looks wonderful with the succulents.
    kathy

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Love the red with distressed black. Hmmm $7, seen ones like these in stores for $25,$30. Great job.

• leveta
    14 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

AHHHHHH-CHAAAAA-CHAAAAA RED. My favorite color!!!!! Beautiful.

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Another beauty! Love it! Jeanne S.

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

That works perfect with your succulent collection! Great re do on the pot!!!!

CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

• laney-bug
    14 years ago

now that is what I call a great redo. And those are my
    favorite plants.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

what a great looking pot!

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

What a great job you did on this. What did you use to paint the highlights? I seem to get some of the accent paint into the crevices, which I don't want to so.

• easystitches
    14 years ago

Awesome!

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the nice comments. I wire brush these pots. This one was already painted white, and I went over it with Exterior primer (Zinsser brand-available at any hardware store). I brush, roll or smush the exterior red latex paint all over it, whatever gets it into all the grooves. The paint dries quickly, but I wait a few hours to be sure. I use a pretty dry brush, and lightly go over it with a dark blue exterior paint, just to hit the high spots to make the pattern show. If it's brushed on in light coats, the blue shows up better. If you hit the low spots and don't like how it looks, just go over them again with the red, (or any color).

The inside was sprayed with a can of rubberized car undercoating from the auto parts store, so the water doesn't soak through and lift the outside paint. I think there's a product to coat the inside of pots, but this stuff is very quick and there's no cleanup (unless you get it all over yourself, lol). Wait about a day to plant in it.

It's best to not let these pots sit in water because the paint may come off. I put them on a tile, brick, stove burner grate or anything to keep them from staying wet. Linda

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

OOlala, another beautiful addition to Linda's garden!! Going to have to get a can of red paint as that makes the plants look great!!! Eye popping project!! I knew those hose things were good for something, I passed on 1 a few weeks ago. Big mistake!! I want 1 now!! Jan

• dollladie
    14 years ago

Gorgeous!!

• katie_in
    13 years ago

I love it!!

• kentstar
    13 years ago

What a beaut! Very nicely done!
    See, there is a lot more we can do with our old pots (or hose pots lol) than I thought!

Nice!
    Cathy

• coppertop367
    13 years ago

That is beautiful!! the red really makes the plants POP!

• crazyone
    13 years ago

this is stunning but so much is your succulent plantings .. wonderful job.. excellent color choice

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

Really pretty. Red's my favorite color too, and I like the way the color ties in with the red leaves of two of the succulents. Thanks for the directions of how you did it. I wouldn't have thought of coating the interior to waterproof it.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional