Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Painted Pot

Posted by lindasewandsew 9 So Calif (lindasewandsew@hotmail.com) on
Sat, May 23, 09 at 0:41

Found this hose pot at TS last week for $7 and of course, had to paint it, lol. I don't care to have one more way to tie my hose in knots, so it's planted. Linda

TS Planter

Painted Planter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Painted Pot

That turned out so pretty! Looks great planted. You're tempting me to dump my hose out of mine, LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Love the design on that! It looks beautiful with the succulents. TFS!

o

That looks WONDERFUL... Love the way you came back w/ the black to highlight the texture of it... it's just soooo succulent..LOL....Judy

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Sat, May 23, 09 at 4:46

GAWJUS!!!!! The succs look great with that color - makes 'em POP!

o

Looks wonderful with the succulents.
kathy

o

Love the red with distressed black. Hmmm $7, seen ones like these in stores for $25,$30. Great job.

o

Beautiful!!!!

o

AHHHHHH-CHAAAAA-CHAAAAA RED. My favorite color!!!!! Beautiful.

o

Another beauty! Love it! Jeanne S.

o

That works perfect with your succulent collection! Great re do on the pot!!!!

CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

o

now that is what I call a great redo. And those are my
favorite plants.

o

what a great looking pot!

o

What a great job you did on this. What did you use to paint the highlights? I seem to get some of the accent paint into the crevices, which I don't want to so.

o

Awesome!

o

Thank you all for the nice comments. I wire brush these pots. This one was already painted white, and I went over it with Exterior primer (Zinsser brand-available at any hardware store). I brush, roll or smush the exterior red latex paint all over it, whatever gets it into all the grooves. The paint dries quickly, but I wait a few hours to be sure. I use a pretty dry brush, and lightly go over it with a dark blue exterior paint, just to hit the high spots to make the pattern show. If it's brushed on in light coats, the blue shows up better. If you hit the low spots and don't like how it looks, just go over them again with the red, (or any color).

The inside was sprayed with a can of rubberized car undercoating from the auto parts store, so the water doesn't soak through and lift the outside paint. I think there's a product to coat the inside of pots, but this stuff is very quick and there's no cleanup (unless you get it all over yourself, lol). Wait about a day to plant in it.

It's best to not let these pots sit in water because the paint may come off. I put them on a tile, brick, stove burner grate or anything to keep them from staying wet. Linda

o

OOlala, another beautiful addition to Linda's garden!! Going to have to get a can of red paint as that makes the plants look great!!! Eye popping project!! I knew those hose things were good for something, I passed on 1 a few weeks ago. Big mistake!! I want 1 now!! Jan

o

Gorgeous!!

o

I love it!!

o

What a beaut! Very nicely done!
See, there is a lot more we can do with our old pots (or hose pots lol) than I thought!

Nice!
Cathy

o

That is beautiful!! the red really makes the plants POP!

o

this is stunning but so much is your succulent plantings .. wonderful job.. excellent color choice

o

Really pretty. Red's my favorite color too, and I like the way the color ties in with the red leaves of two of the succulents. Thanks for the directions of how you did it. I wouldn't have thought of coating the interior to waterproof it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here