Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring fairy house project

Posted by nmgirl 8 S.NM (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 1:13

I've had this birdhouse and gazebo feeder for awhile and hadn't had the time or inspiration to turn them into outdoor fairy houses. But this Spring I said I'm going to do it...and I did. Here's the results.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I wanted them to be lit at night so I partially dismantled some garden solar lights and installed them in the posts and the "big house". The lights are connected to a solar panel. You can see it's shadow to the right of the "big house" pole in the first daytime photo.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Even DH likes them. I think I accomplished something there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring fairy house project

Those are really cute--and I like them lighted
at night.
I need to check into small solar light
panels and see about costs, etc. What can you
tell me about yours?

o

I picked them up at HD. It's a 3 light set with a separate solar panel, it was $40.00 or thereabouts. I think it was this brand but I'm not sure. Either way they look like what I've used to light the house and poles.

Here is a link that might be useful: solar landscape lights

o

oh those are so cool thanks for sharing

o

Very cool! I'll bet the birds will be jealous though....they look great!

o

Oh those are beautiful, nmgirl & so detailed! First, I love the white w/copper roof combo! Your lighting idea is great! (I see you have electrical outlets on the post). Love the tiny copper details & that 'settee' inside. Sweet accomplishment! Bravo! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Jeanne, the outlet covers are supposed to be "windows" in the post. That's was my thought anyway...

o

**windows*** great idea, nmgirl! ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here