Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tipsy Buckets Project

Posted by jeannespines 4 Iowa (My Page) on
Fri, May 29, 09 at 1:23

I was inspired by Cindee's tipsy pots on her blog...I've been rounding up old metal containers to do this project & decided to top it with my Dad's watering can (see link below to Dad's watering can project).

DH helped me by drilling the holes and inserting the metal rod...he asked me a couple times if I "really" wanted to drill holes in this perfectly good bottom pc...I think "ruin it"...were his words (LOL!)... and I said I wasn't ruining it, I was re-cycling it!"

Here's the top:

TipsyBuckets II 5.09

Here's the bottom:

Tipsy Buckets III 5.09

And here's a couple pics of the whole thing:
TipsyBuckets IV 5.09

It's located near my garden shed...along-side a gate under which I've planted dark red Morning Glories to climb the gate. I planted silvery/bluish plants (Blue Fescue, Dusty Miller, Licorice) & Red Verbena and an Asparagus Fern...some are rock garden plants and need good drainage...so I am experimenting this yr. to see what grows good! The Blue Fescue & Snow-in-theSummer Cerastium are perennials...and if they do good, I'll plant in ground in Fall. It definitely looks "TIPSY!"
Tipsy Buckets One Larger 5.09

Love all these GJer ideas! TFS, everyone & enjoy! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Watering Can Now 'Retired

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tipsy Buckets Project

How fun! Love your take on the tipsy pots. I want to experiment with a tipsy creation this weekend. Hopefully it will turn out as nice as yours!

o

Oh boy, thats cute.. thanks for the chuckle! Now where did I leave those watering cans?

o

Love it Jeanne - you always have the coolest projects. I have 3 "good" cans like this and 1 rusty one I plant in. I can't bring myself to put holes in the good 3, so they just sit around for decoration at the moment.

Arlene

o

That is soooo cute...Thanks for shareing it...

o

That's beautiful, Jeanne :D I love how you formed the beads like little showers from the spout. Now you can see your Dad's watering can every time you pass by.
kudzu

o

Love the pieces you used ..... makes it so interesting! Just beautiful, Jeanne!

o

Gorgeous Sculptural piece. Your Dads watering can is now American Rural Folk Art. He would be proud!!!!!

o

LOVE IT!! I'm planning on "borrowing" Cindee's idea too as soon as we finish our shed. Love the look!

o

Your project turned out wonderful & lovely reminder of your dad!! I thought you wired them to rebar through couple of hole in sides of containers but guess you went right through! Plants will spill out all summer. Might have to trim asperagus fern, out here it gets huge! Good job once again! Jan

o

Picture Perfect!!!

o

Your tipsy buckets turned out awesome!!! I love the watering can with the beads coming out like water. I need to try that too! I put mirrors glued to fishing line on mine but you can't really see them that good!
You did a great job on your creation!!!!
CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

o

Wonderful project!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here