Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden2garden

Swan again

garden2garden
9 years ago

I posted this swan last year when I first put her out in the birdbath. This was taken the first week of last month. I thought it made kind of a neat picture the way the morning sun was shining on the wild ohions that come up there in the spring.

Comments (9)

• concretenprimroses
    9 years ago

She does look pretty. Love that birdbath too!
    Kathy

• marylee_2010
    9 years ago

That is really pretty. So peaceful. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

Very pretty. Love it when those special moments can be captured. Great bird bath too.

• oldcrafty
    9 years ago

Lovely!!!! You captured the light rays perfectly on her and the wild onions.

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

LOVE the swan! Great photo!

• garden2garden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it :)

Oh, and thanks for just assuming that I really did mean wild onion not wild ohion, as I wrote, lol. I just now saw that...

• nonacook
    9 years ago

I just read 'onions' and griped to myself about all the wild onions that I HAVE in my yard and garden! LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

Swan looks so natural in the bath!! Great setting! TFS Jan

• garden2garden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I bet they can be a pest in an area where you don't want them to be, Nona. They're quite persistant year after year.

I just leave them, I kinda enjoy watching them go through the seasons. Have you ever eaten them? I had some come up in mulch where they were loose and I could dig down with my hand and pull up the whole bulb, just like a regular green onion. There were so many I made onion soup and used them for a lot of things, they had a milder taste than store bought onions but I thought they were pretty good. And sometimes I use the little bulbs on top, nice when they are new. .

Glad y'all enjoyed the swan in spring.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH