Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Cupola

Posted by purplemoon z9 Phoenix (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 11 at 2:36

I saw this on a blog while browsing and looking at stuff tonight, and thought the garden cupola she made was wonderful. Might be something some of you could make if
you like it.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: garden cupola

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Cupola

Oooooh, I have a few leftover windows from my glasshouse. Before I decide to give them away I might just have to try this! Thanks for the link.

o

Karen, very nice. I like it. You find such interesting things. Thank you for sharing.
Marylee

o

NOW I know what to do with those oversized old windows in the shed! Thanks for taking time to post your cupola!!

o

Love the cupola!
And I wish I could find ANY kind of handy dandy
garden guy like she mentioned that I could
depend on! LOL

o

WOW!! I have a conservatory that DH and I made a couple of years ago, but I love this idea too! The tin roof is great...now....wonder where I can put one of them? I'm running out of garden space...guess I could always make a new flower bed. Thanks for sharing the site with us Karen!

o

Wow! It's big! (taller than her)! & looks great in her gardens. Love old windows & that's a winner! TFS, PM! Jeanne S.

o

That is beautiful, and it's giving me all kind of ideas.
Frou

o

I love it! It must be big if it's taller than her! It looks good from far away and even better up close where you can see the details. She has it lighted at night too, I'd like to see that. Great choice of plants around it.
I like her roof, but I was thinking it would look good with a copper roof like Calamity's castle, too. Yep, I'm with you Nona- now, if I could just find that young cute handy dandy garden guy who loves to make my garden visions become reality...because I'm wearing out, lol.
I remember your conservatory that your hubby built, Marlene, you did it up beautifully. Very pretty.

o

Cool! Also her "flower"bed" metal frame! Love both & those "birds" or whatever they are in the rusty long thing & on the tree stump up high. The cupola roof is kind of what I had in mind for doody's thing she just painted & it had lost part of it's roof.Hope she sees this! She could do that or use shingles & go up from bottom to top & add pieces down the high parts like this lady did with the metal & add a fancy cut shingle at top, & then a topper or not. Lots of good ideas on this gal's blog. Thanks! Jan

o

TFS Karen,
Gets me thinking about the old wooden storm doors in our garage. (Dont fit our doors! Previous Owner must have gottent hem somewhere.) We have 2 that do.)
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here