Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anticipation...............................

Posted by chevy57red 3/4 MN (My Page) on
Wed, May 4, 11 at 4:17

Looking forward to Saturday............
City-wide garage day sale here.................Pine City, MN.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............Wonder what treasures I will find?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anticipation...............................

Hmmmmmm let me see.... tickets round trip to Pine City,MN. $$$ Need about another 5 days to hit the Thrift Shops $$$$$ and maybe some garden site seeing $$$.... Ehhhh what I'm I thinking I'm broke besides the trip would wear me out.LOL

I hope you find loads of wonderful junk

Hugs, Carmen

o

Hope you find a lot of bargains you can't live without and enjoy your day! - Marylee

o

Ooooohhhh...sounds like loads of fun! Happy treasure hunting...and don't forget, we want to see your loot!

o

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a fun thing to look forward to!! don't forget lots of PICTURES................:)

o

I'm getting greener by the minute!!! Have fun and post the pics so we can all droooooool!!

o

Wow!! I'm envious! Have a good time for all of us. And show us the goods. Jlily

o

Sounds like a blast!! I don't remember yard sales(auctions when people lost their farms) But we used to have "Crazy Days" in August- it spread like crazy because we went back to visit each year & I got to go to several on way there. Utah even had them. I even managed to get in on a great sale at the big mall in Minneapolis & they had tables set up outside the stores in the mall. Got a silver-plated cake knife(had fun taking that on the plane) I had taken Maid of Scandinavia's cake decorating class, they insisted I take the cake box apart & when they saw the cake I had made on cardboard base, spatula,cones & tips they decided I was OK. Got some great buys, but all were new. I like antiques better so get some good stuff for me!!! Hint, Hint! Jan

o

OH wow lucky you....take a big truck and fill er up...

o

Don't you just LOVE those city-wide sales? I'll bet most towns would have plenty of stuff to do them several times a year and wouldn't THAT be fun! Have a great time, nd good luck on finding some special "stuff". Do share pics with us all!

o

Head further south to Red Wing and check out the 100 Mile Garage Sale too for me! I always loved going there but haven't been able to make it the past few years. Maybe next year!

We have a city-wide rummage sale near here next weekend. I'm hoping my knees will allow me to go.

o

Well.... after so much anticipation..... we made it to about 30 of the 58 sales..
I do believe that I saw more baby clothes for sale than I had to raise 3 kids!!
Oh.. and do not forget all of the plastic toys it now takes to raise all of those kids!!
But it was a day to score on and good garden items or treasures..
I did however score on 38 Louis Lamore "Sacket" series books. So DH will be reading for awhile!!
But it was a good day to be out and DD and I had a good time!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here