Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cnm1

2nd batch glass flowers

cnm1
11 years ago

I just finished my second batch of glass flowers and am really happy with them. I have been experimenting with different backings. I think my favorite is drilling through a spoon.

Here is a link that might be useful: More glass flowers

Comments (10)

• concretenprimroses
    11 years ago

Very pretty. Is that a light bulb? How did you attach it?
    Drilling through a spoon? I'd love more details.
    The innovation never ends.
    Kathy

• cnm1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes that is vintage christmas light of my mom's - I have mason jar full in green and orange ones. It is glued to a tiny tea cup from my childhood set using auto goop. I really try to reuse stuff I have lying around. I realize that while I might like this stuff most will get thrown out when I die!!! The cup is jadite and I debated using it but this way I actually get to see it instead of it sitting in a closet

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Oh, I love seeing them in your gardens...that 'trio' among the pink blooms is lovely! You've used some very beautiful glassware & combined it all beautifully! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Those are great The one with the Christmas light is really unique...great job!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

I liked all the flowers, ,the 1 with Christmas bulb & the blue are my favorites, I love your garden path & all the stuff you have along it. TFS Jan

• Enterotoxigenic00
    11 years ago

The flowers are great, I love this idea. I never would have thought about using an ashtray...when I stop to think how many have been thrown out over the years while living with my parents.
    What type of glue or epoxy do you use to attach the backing?

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

They are all so pretty I can't pick a favorite.
    I also love your path! tfs

• cnm1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love using those old ashtrays. I have the word out with TS friends to keep their eyes open for more!! I like that something that was related to a unhealthy habit is now made into something pretty. I prefer drilling but I am also using GE silicone glue or auto goop depending on project. My basement is filled with glass now. Kinda scary
    I also found a batch of runway and traffic light lenses at a TS on a 50% day!! Not super cheap but 2.50 for 13 in and 1.25 for 8 inch in very bright colors (red yellow and blue). YOu should seen the look on my face when I spotted them - pure bliss

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I am so making some of these next week when I'm off! I just finished repairing all my old totems and making new ones so I will have to go shopping. Darn LOL!
    Tally HO!

• cnm1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Have fun Beachplant!! It was my day off and spent it at TS. Need to spend more time making glass flowers and less time buying glass!!
    I am looking at making some totems. A friend's friend is moving and has alot of tea pots and glassware she is giving me. Haven't seen any of it yet but am excited to try totems too!! I have a vision of a chair planted with flowers with an end table next to it. On the end table, I see a totem as a faux lamp

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert